PDA

View Full Version : How's JPP?

chgambler
05-12-2016, 02:24 PM
Finally free to do some fishing this weekend and will be hitting up Percy. Was hoping to get an idea of whats been hitting lately on JPP? I know I have seen some reports of crappie and hybrids lately but curious if they are still biting good or if it has died off now and I missed the action.

jaycee
05-12-2016, 02:56 PM
You should do good. Good luck and have fun.

agelesssone
05-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Both will be good til Sept.
Troll crankbaits for crappie, 1.6-2 mph.
troll A-rigs for hybrids...1.5-3 mph

chgambler
05-13-2016, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys. I will be in a kayak so trolling is not as easy for me. We'll see what I end up with in the morning!

MNfisher
05-15-2016, 04:47 AM
Thanks guys. I will be in a kayak so trolling is not as easy for me. We'll see what I end up with in the morning!

Get ya a pair of rod holders, troll 15-18' 1.5-2 mph like Merv said. I had a blast trolling for crappie from my kayak last summer. You'd be surprised how little you need to paddle to hold that speed. It's a very relaxing way of fishing.

jad2t
05-15-2016, 10:32 AM

Dude trolling is super easy in a kayak. I do it all the time. Trolling crankbaits and swimbaits is an awesome way to locate active fish. You don't even need rod holders if you don't want to buy them. Stick the butt of the rod under your legs, BOTH legs for extra support in case a big fish hits, and have fun.

XxthejuicexX
05-15-2016, 12:28 PM
What jimmy says work. I have rod holders but usually just sit on them like jimmy says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chgambler
05-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Great advice! I will definitely give that a shot next time. It was pretty windy when I first got out there yesterday but still managed a few keeper crappie and even more short ones. Was using slab magnet and some minnows.