PDA

View Full Version : Bluegill are spawn on JPP

jaycee
05-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Spawning on JPP Priest and prob everywhere. A great time to get youngsters out to bank fish. Can use tm or meal worms. Fish are not very big but fun.

I don't think Priest has big blue gill. If so, I have never seen and would like to know which part of lake they can be caught. Just sayin.

Headhunter
05-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Priest has some great bluegill. they have been on bed for close to 2 weeks now.

MNfisher
05-11-2016, 11:30 AM
I saw a guy catching very nice ones from the bank at fate sanders marina yesterday afternoon

Mike

jaycee
05-11-2016, 02:13 PM
That was prob my friend. Those are fun and about as large as I have seen come out of that lake.

Pinwheeled
05-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Been catching a bunch of 8-9" fish but not much bigger yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
05-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Been catching a bunch of 8-9" fish but not much bigger yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much bigger do you want? A 10 inch Gill is a trophy...anywhere. Nine inch Gills are not that common either. Some lakes produce better Gills than others.....Laurel Hill.....Dale Hollow.....Fall Creek Falls State Park Lake. KY Lake is a great Gill fishery but a 10 inch Gill out of there is not common. I hear a lot of folks talking about 9-10 inch Gills but when they get that big I would like to see them on a Hawg Trough....measuring board. Are you telling me JPP is full of 10 inch Gills? If so I need to start fishing there...but I have never seen anyone on this forum...or any other forum....post a 10 inch Gill out of JPP.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
05-12-2016, 05:54 PM
How much bigger do you want? A 10 inch Gill is a trophy...anywhere. Nine inch Gills are not that common either. Some lakes produce better Gills than others.....Laurel Hill.....Dale Hollow.....Fall Creek Falls State Park Lake. KY Lake is a great Gill fishery but a 10 inch Gill out of there is not common. I hear a lot of folks talking about 9-10 inch Gills but when they get that big I would like to see them on a Hawg Trough....measuring board. Are you telling me JPP is full of 10 inch Gills? If so I need to start fishing there...but I have never seen anyone on this forum...or any other forum....post a 10 inch Gill out of JPP.

Regards

That doesn't mean I have not caught them.

Alphahawk
05-12-2016, 05:59 PM
That doesn't mean I have not caught them.

No it doesn't.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
05-12-2016, 06:04 PM
No it doesn't.

Regards

Does not mean I have either. :):)

Seriously, I caught some gills yesterday at JPP that were at the 9 inch range. Some of the best I have caught from there. Still not 10 though. I think they were full of eggs.

My wife thinks a 6 in gill is 9 inches for some reason.

Alphahawk
05-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Does not mean I have either. :):)

Seriously, I caught some gills yesterday at JPP that were at the 9 inch range. Some of the best I have caught from there. Still not 10 though. I think they were full of eggs.

Ott if I thought I could get that 10 inch Gill from JPP I wouldn't be running the highway.....blowing tires.....going to Dale Hollow......LOL. But I think my odds are better there...so will keep trying it. But if you find a spot up there with them....please give me a call....LOL.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
05-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Ott if I thought I could get that 10 inch Gill from JPP I wouldn't be running the highway.....blowing tires.....going to Dale Hollow......LOL. But I think my odds are better there...so will keep trying it. But if you find a spot up there with them....please give me a call....LOL.

Regards

Randy, if I find them I will call you. I think the live well was loaded with fish and you had too much weight on the tires.

You have been posting some beauties although I think you are photoing the same fish numerous times (like Jimmy and Juice). :D I think you could catch fish in a heavy dew.
Keep it up.

jad2t
05-12-2016, 07:29 PM

There are so many jokes I could make here...

Pinwheeled
05-12-2016, 07:32 PM

Regards

Calm down. I never said JPP was full of 10" gills. I said 8-9" fish. I'd like 9" or better but just haven't found any yet. I walked down to my spot tonight and only had an hour to fish. I brought home 15 like the one pictured. Some were a touch longer than this one but he had good shoulders on him. I don't fish for gills much so I don't know how big they get in Priest. I've only lived here 5 years and never really fished seriously for them. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160513/3237c57deef699394e2a48be8192b83e.jpg

Alphahawk
05-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Calm down. I never said JPP was full of 10" gills. I said 8-9" fish. I'd like 9" or better but just haven't found any yet. I walked down to my spot tonight and only had an hour to fish. I brought home 15 like the one pictured. Some were a touch longer than this one but he had good shoulders on him. I don't fish for gills much so I don't know how big they get in Priest. I've only lived here 5 years and never really fished seriously for them. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160513/3237c57deef699394e2a48be8192b83e.jpg

Not being uncalm....if that is a word...LOL. If there were 10 inch Gills in JPP I was going to get up there and fish. That Gill in your pic is a fine fish....big black Bull Gill. I would stay on them all day if I had found them...to heck with the smallmouth. Eight inch is a good Gill all day long. What makes that one very good is his girth...and he is starting to get that "Helmet Head"....and that Gill has great genes. I am taking a lure designer to Dale Hollow tomorrow to fish for Smallies...but....if I get on Gills like in your pic..or better....well there won't be any Smallies caught. He will just have to live with it...LOL.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
05-12-2016, 08:01 PM
There are so many jokes I could make here...

now you sound like his wife.

TnCreekMaster
05-12-2016, 08:16 PM
I dont know how big this gill was but man that thing looks massive like 12-13" it was posted by fishfindergeneral a ways back. My jaw dropped when I saw that gill its like a dam dinosaur lol but really we need to get dave himself to chime in on this to clarify how big that creature really is

Tyler

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr36/FishFinderGeneral/E9A5857A-1F58-4546-83D9-59B9E115F9CF_zpsdchxhzbp.jpg

XxthejuicexX
05-12-2016, 08:28 PM
You hold any fish close enough to the camera it looks like a monster :D

Alphahawk
05-12-2016, 08:52 PM
I dont know how big this gill was but man that thing looks massive like 12-13" it was posted by fishfindergeneral a ways back. My jaw dropped when I saw that gill its like a dam dinosaur lol but really we need to get dave himself to chime in on this to clarify how big that creature really is

Tyler

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr36/FishFinderGeneral/E9A5857A-1F58-4546-83D9-59B9E115F9CF_zpsdchxhzbp.jpg

That is why I am burning up the road to Dale Hollow. When you find them they are all like that. I have caught a few like that....but very few.

Regards

TnCreekMaster
05-12-2016, 09:42 PM
You hold any fish close enough to the camera it looks like a monster :D

Im aware of that but look at the size of dudes hands there like hams

TnCreekMaster
05-12-2016, 09:51 PM
That is why I am burning up the road to Dale Hollow. When you find them they are all like that. I have caught a few like that....but very few.

Regards

Man thats a 2 and a half hander alpha your making me wana take a trip up to dale but ive only been up there once and it was in the winter for float n fly smallies I need to do some homework on the dale hollow gills I guess cause they grow em big in there for sure!

Tyler

XxthejuicexX
05-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Im aware of that but look at the size of dudes hands there like hams

I know, those are big gills.