PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow 05/09/2016

Alphahawk
05-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Had a great day at Dale Hollow today. Caught 40 plus quality Smallies......15-21 inches. Had thirty 9-10 inch Smallies....like the one I am holding. All fish caught on a Midnight Blue ThunderHawk Dancer body on a 1/16 ounce ThunderHawk Micro fry jig head using 2# test SOS line. The rod was a Yamaga Blanks 6' 10" TZ Jig Head Special Ajing UL rod. The reel was the Daiwa Ignis Type R 2505H. It was an absolute joy today. My phone went dead early on the water....taking care of that by putting a charging cord in my boat......so no pics of two more 19 inch fish...one 21 inch fish.....and the others at 15-18 inches. Probably the most fun was catching the 9-10 inch Smallies. I was searching for Gills, shellcracker....didn't find a one...thus that part of my trip was a complete failure. Water temps were only 69 degrees....hardly any wind and overcast. Found beds with the si but nobody home. The Smallies were everywhere...couldn't get away from them. Started out on a flat in 7 feet of water. After catching about 15 fish there went to another flat looking for shellcracker...Gills...caught more Smallies. Then headed to the coves and hollows.....couldn't get away from the Smallies. I only spent four hours fishing. My fishing buddy from KY was sick today and couldn't go....seems I can fish longer if someone else is along with me....comes with getting older I guess. Oh....had the one largemouth in there too....LOL. Stopped 3 times on way up just to feel my trailer hubs.....just making sure. As soon as weather permits I am at it again....life is good!....Sore Lip'Em All!

Regards

commdd
05-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Alpha, great report! can you share more info about the thunderhawk, is it a paddle tail? length? thanks.

commdd
05-09-2016, 06:18 PM
man, those are beautiful fish, not a mark on them!!

Alphahawk
05-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Alpha, great report! can you share more info about the thunderhawk, is it a paddle tail? length? thanks.

It is a paddle tail......3 inches in length. It has a lot of tail action......great for just about any specie. Lot of folks having good luck with it.

Regards

skillet
05-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Alpha, if you need a fishing partner to help MAKE you fish longer, all you gotta do is ask and I'm sure I can call in dead to work and help keep you on the water. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TroutFiend
05-09-2016, 09:00 PM
"The Smallies were everywhere...couldn't get away from them. "

When you can make this statement, you are killing it!
Great job out there man.

Andy

XxthejuicexX
05-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Great report sir! My wife can verify that I spend to much time on the water when I go out and never make it back when I say I will. I volunteer to keep you out longer :) I need to make a trip up to Dale hollow, i've not been in years.

Alphahawk
05-09-2016, 10:00 PM
"The Smallies were everywhere...couldn't get away from them. "

When you can make this statement, you are killing it!
Great job out there man.

Andy

Thanks Andy.....I knew I would have a day like this if I went enough. I had good info on where to fish during this time of year from some locals and a couple of guides up there. I happened to have a bait they liked and went on the right day. The Gills and shellcracker however are eluding me. But I am going to keep going....the full moon is on the 21st....hope I can find them.

Regards

deezelteck
05-10-2016, 11:46 AM
That 21" small jaw on ultra light gear had to be a blast.. good job..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

chaseasl
05-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Awesome