PDA

View Full Version : Old hickory 5-8

luckystratos
05-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Well I said I would let y'all know what I did today. Put in at Cairo and fished up to Barton's creek. 5 short fish all I had and partner zero.fished wood on channel and in creeks. Going back tomorrow prolly mid lake fishing only plastic because going to try fish gambler tournament next Sunday.
If there is any moms out there I wish you a very HAPPY MOTHERS DAY.

Texas_Rig
05-08-2016, 02:03 PM
The lower end is producing a lot more for me than the upper. The females are definitely in a post spawn pattern. I haven't seen them bunch up yet but anytime now. Early morning bite seems to be by far the most productive part of the day. The shad spawn is just about over but if u can find some docks with spawning shad early then you can fill the boat in a hurry. Good luck in the gambler tournament.

skillet
05-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Buzz bait worked well for me Saturday morning up till about 10 am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckystratos
05-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Thanks for info guys. I haven't fish tournaments in 10 yrs except for yearly Freedom Ain't Free in the fall. That one supports sumner co veterans. After today I will definitely be taking a right coming out of bull creek. Thanks again and good luck to each of you.

luckystratos
05-09-2016, 12:14 PM
went back out from 7-11 this morning(Monday).still catching short fish mid lake.nice cloudy day and no keepers.pitiful.told son ready to sale out and take up golf.he said I don't know about that.lol prolly go back a little while Friday and Saturday.will let you know.

deezelteck
05-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Thanks for info guys. I haven't fish tournaments in 10 yrs except for yearly Freedom Ain't Free in the fall. That one supports sumner co veterans. After today I will definitely be taking a right coming out of bull creek. Thanks again and good luck to each of you.
Where can I find the details for the Freedom Ain't Free tournament?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

luckystratos
05-09-2016, 10:20 PM
http://www.vva240.com
Try this. It is rules and registration for last year. Flipper has it on his schedule for sept.24 this year. It is Vietnam veterans tournament. I fish it because I believe goes to good cause. Not a vet myself.

skillet
05-10-2016, 08:55 AM
went back out from 7-11 this morning(Monday).still catching short fish mid lake.nice cloudy day and no keepers.pitiful.told son ready to sale out and take up golf.he said I don't know about that.lol prolly go back a little while Friday and Saturday.will let you know.

We've been catching short fish for a month now, but Saturday morning I did catch 3 fish that would've went in the box and deezltek lost one at the boat that was a toad on a square bill. All my fish came on a buzz bait. Had a bunch of fish just swat at it. It was good to see some decent fish and feel the pull of a decent fish. I'm so tired of 6-8 inch bass eating my lures!!! Lol but Ido thank the lord for each one.

deezelteck
05-10-2016, 11:49 AM
We've been catching short fish for a month now, but Saturday morning I did catch 3 fish that would've went in the box and deezltek lost one at the boat that was a toad on a square bill. All my fish came on a buzz bait. Had a bunch of fish just swat at it. It was good to see some decent fish and feel the pull of a decent fish. I'm so tired of 6-8 inch bass eating my lures!!! Lol but Ido thank the lord for each one.
X2

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Texas_Rig
05-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Try fishing some creek and main lake ledges. Some good bags have been caught that way in the last week. Deep diving crankbaits, big worms, football jig, ect

luckystratos
05-10-2016, 08:52 PM
May try some ledges How soon will fish usually move out to ledges . I am at a loss for what we haven't found. Slightly handicapped with limited amount of gambler tackle. Most stuff I have are crawl/punch type baits and few worms. I love to flip but for short fish not to be showing up has me spinning in a circle. Love being out in Gods beautiful nature no matter what happens thanks guys.

skillet
05-10-2016, 10:51 PM
I have a big box of plastics. I'll look and see if I have any gambler plastics. If so I can meet up with you in Madison or somewhere close if you want them. I'll let you know tomorrow if I have anything. I'm almost certain I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckystratos
05-11-2016, 12:34 AM
Let me know skillet. I have several why nots and bb crickets mostly in back/blue and junebug. I love a finesse jig but I don't think they make one. May go buy some of their jigs and just drowned them all day.

Texas_Rig
05-11-2016, 04:59 AM
May try some ledges How soon will fish usually move out to ledges . I am at a loss for what we haven't found. Slightly handicapped with limited amount of gambler tackle. Most stuff I have are crawl/punch type baits and few worms. I love to flip but for short fish not to be showing up has me spinning in a circle. Love being out in Gods beautiful nature no matter what happens thanks guys.

They have already started moving out. I promise you that it the best way to catch a big bag right now. It's a lot of work and time spent idling and scanning but it's well worth it