PDA

View Full Version : Center hill?

Smithcotrapper
05-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Hey I was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about center hill? I have a high school tournament out of Ragland bottoms. I've never been on the lake before and was wondering if yall could tell me just some info about it. I'll be on the lake on the 14th if anybody sees a bright yellow boat with a older xr4 on the back that's me. Thanks

XxthejuicexX
05-05-2016, 11:16 AM
It's Deep and Clear :D

Alphahawk
05-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Smallie bite is still on....I can't help you with the largemouth bite. Look in 4-10 feet of water.

Regards

skillet
05-05-2016, 01:21 PM
I don't know your rules, but asking for info is a no-no in most tournament series. Now public info such as this forum is ok, but asking is soliciting. And soliciting is frowned upon heavily. An elite angler just got in some hot water because a friend had said something about lake wheeler while atdinner. Im not trying to be a Debbie downer or get anyone in trouble. Just simply saying that you may want to double check before you get into any trouble. And I hope you do really well in the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heiny57
05-05-2016, 03:33 PM
I have never heard of rules against gathering info on fishing. The pros have been hiring guides and buying info for decades.

hunterchub
05-05-2016, 03:59 PM
I have never heard of rules against gathering info on fishing. The pros have been hiring guides and buying info for decades.

I too have never heard of rules like this. But I don't know everything. All I do know is you better have some black zoom trick worms in the boat. Fish that shoreline cover.

notorious
05-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Are the ramps still out of the water...is the water up any...the only thing holding me back form CH.

Alphahawk
05-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Are the ramps still out of the water...is the water up any...the only thing holding me back form CH.

You can launch at Hurricane Bridge with no problems.....Edgar Evins has one ramp open. It is probably OK at the 629 level. Don't know what kind of boat you have but I wouldn't even try at Floating Mill.

Regards

TroutFiend
05-05-2016, 07:00 PM
I too have never heard of rules like this. But I don't know everything. All I do know is you better have some black zoom trick worms in the boat. Fish that shoreline cover.

X2, smoke-purple shakey heads ain't to bad either...

skillet
05-05-2016, 08:20 PM
I do know that the elites cannot "solicit" any private info or ask for info for a certain time before the tournament. Now I do realize I'm comparing apples to oranges. All I was saying to him was make sure there's not a rule like that.

tkwalker
05-06-2016, 12:11 AM
I do know that the elites cannot "solicit" any private info or ask for info for a certain time before the tournament. Now I do realize I'm comparing apples to oranges. All I was saying to him was make sure there's not a rule like that.

News to me ? All I know on this subject is that I was hired many times for some major events by well renowned Pro Bass fisherman for pre fishing ... And this was not an issue ... for tourney events ? ... <'TK>< :) PS ... I use to fish semi pro bass Tourneys ...

Travis C.
05-06-2016, 08:26 AM

Off-limit periods for the Bassmaster Classic, Elite Events, BASSfest and Angler of the Year championship event will start on a Monday, 12:01 am local time of each event site as posted by B.A.S.S. There will be a three-day practice period prior to the first competition day for Elite Series tournaments (except Elite No. 3 at Mountain Home, Ark.) During the offlimits periods, other than using publicly-available information (e.g. newspaper and Internet reports), competitors cannot solicit, receive or gather any information via phone, electronic devices or any other means about locating or catching fish on tournament waters. THERE SHALL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. All information must be opened or accessed prior to official off-limits periods.

Smithcotrapper
05-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys for the info. I don't see there being a problem with asking as there isn't any money on the line or anything. So try a shakey head around cover? We'll be launching out of Ragland bottoms. Any suggestions on line? Light fluorocarbon?

pitbull
05-09-2016, 11:28 AM
I hope you did well, seeing as how most of your question was answered with pointless garbage, but it is the internet, trolls and trolltards, and wanna be experts run wild these days...

I fished the dam end Saturday and had 5 that went 10'lbs for 2nd place in our little deal. All mine were on natural craw type color jigs and plum worms on a texas rig.

The big fish I saw came from another tournament out of the same ramp as us, they ran to the ragland end and I was told those guys were killing them on Zarra Spooks

TNBronzeback
05-09-2016, 04:10 PM
I hope you did well, seeing as how most of your question was answered with pointless garbage, but it is the internet, trolls and trolltards, and wanna be experts run wild these days...

So other tournament anglers on here giving somebody else a bit of advice regarding gathering information prior to a tournament is viewed by you as pointless garbage and trolling?

creeksmallie
05-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Pm sent!!!

skillet
05-09-2016, 08:27 PM
So other tournament anglers on here giving somebody else a bit of advice regarding gathering information prior to a tournament is viewed by you as pointless garbage and trolling?

I don't pay attention to people that can't see when someone is looking out for someone else...it ain't worth my time.

SAMBOLIE
05-10-2016, 06:05 AM
Pm sent!!!

I didn't get a pm.

Where you been so long Mike?

notorious
05-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Hey I was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about center hill? I have a high school tournament out of Ragland bottoms. I've never been on the lake before and was wondering if yall could tell me just some info about it.

Good luck on your upcoming tournament, I hope you have a little time to prefish.

pitbull
05-10-2016, 11:41 AM

When it's like someone spouting off NBA rules to somebody playing a pick up game, then yes, totally pointless...

creeksmallie
05-11-2016, 10:40 AM
Ott, I am around. Just not enough time to post everywhere.

creeksmallie
05-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Well the PM did not go through. From Ragland Bottoms head downstream to eagle creek go to the back. Fish chunk rock banks on outside channel bends and fish any cuts. I fish jacks worm which is like a Senko with a pointed tail. Red flake in pumpkin to black. Works good. 16th ounce shank weighted hook. Also early throw a bandit 200craw colors as shallow as you can. Also on main lake fish the cuts and little points. When I had a boat I would crank deep 15 to 20 ft on flats and rounds. Going in to eagle creek fish to the right toward pucketts ramp .There is a hump on it that holds fish all year. Good Luck!!! If you need spots Whirly B around wood on 45 degree or steeper banks . Mike

Smithcotrapper
05-11-2016, 10:42 PM
Thanks everyone! Think I'm gonna hit points and then the banks that creeksmallie said to hit. Is the lake still in winter pull? Assuming I should be using fluorocarbon line? Not used to this style of fishing at all

creeksmallie
05-12-2016, 12:13 AM
Center Hill is still low due to dam repairs. One other spot to try is the Sligo Bridge. The new pillars and the old. Jig spoon at different depths. The old pillars were blown and left on the upstream side of new bridge and they have been productive.

Smithcotrapper
05-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the tips! I'm gonna make a trip to flippers tomorrow after school. Here's what I've got so far:
Bandit 200's-crawfish,chrome, and natural colors
Spooks
Shakey head supplies
Fluorocarbon
One of those underspin jig heads with a zoom swimming fluke on it
Green pumpkin and pumpkin senko's
Anything else you guys recommend I should get?

notorious
05-13-2016, 10:36 AM
Your good, Flipper is a super guy if he has info...he will tell you straight and you can take it to the bank. Never hurts to have some red flake in your plastic. First agenda is to find a crawfish and note it's color(s) and be able to use dye to mimic. Crawfish are like potato chips to bass. Shad are just shad and any shad bait will work as long as it replicates the size, action and depth so look for bait fish and note the characteristic. 45* banks for SM and 20-* for LM. Good Luck Grasshopper!

Smithcotrapper
05-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Thanks, I'll see about asking him if he's in there. Any tips on how to find a crawfish? I'm used to catching them in the creeks.

notorious
05-13-2016, 10:53 AM
No different, just use some stealth and they will revile themselves around rocks. I generally find them around the ramps. Crawfish scoot along the bottom slowly and then hop, hop, hop when threatened. Be the bait, you know... be the bait. Spooking takes practice, too fast and your wasting your time. Keep the bait in the zone as long as possible. Its called "Walking the dog" look it up on Youtube.

Smithcotrapper
05-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Well I caught 2. Got fourth. Lost a ton of fish. Caught them all on a zoom paddle tail not far from Ragland. Thanks to everyone that tried to help!

notorious
05-15-2016, 08:38 PM
Well I caught 2. Got fourth. Lost a ton of fish. Caught them all on a zoom paddle tail not far from Ragland. Thanks to everyone that tried to help!

You did well for a first time on a new lake. Next time you will clean their clock!

skillet
05-15-2016, 09:33 PM
4ths not bad at all!!! Congrats!!!