PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Creek Marina Old Hickory

Dakota
05-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Just a quick update with this marina. They have new owners it's the same owners of four corners on Percy Priest. Went to use the boat ramp today, which I use most of the time and it's now eight dollars to launch. I went up and started talking to the owner on why he was doing this. He said that he hired a diver to check out the boat ramp and at the end it's not in very good shape at all. so he's obviously raising money someday to repair the ramp. He said If you have a boat that's 30ft plus long I guess it could get dicey?? He talked with the Corps of Engineers and of course they were not going to help him with any upkeep or restoration finances. Also they have upgraded and remodeled in the tune of $400,000 so the marina does look good but they're not completely done. I believe they're having a grand opening in the middle of May or the third week of May. I explained to him how I frequent this marina and now just another charge that I did not need. Told him I lived in Mount Juliet and drop $70 on gas at his pumps (not sure I will now) and a family of four buying dinner there I did not need the extra eight dollar expense to launch for the summer. He said you could buy a yearly pass for $95. He was nice about it and I'm sure he'll get approached about this fee several times. Oh by the way it's $10 to use on holidays. Yes I'll be using Lone Branch ramp more often.
Dakota

TNBronzeback
05-01-2016, 08:44 PM
I can understand the bit of frustration you have suddenly being charged to launch. I would be too.
Is the lot/ramp monitored in any way aside from launch fee's? Like cameras or plenty of lighys? a somewhat mobile patrol to just walk around every hour or so and look for thieves and such? If the fee makes the lot safer in some regards that could provide a little piece of mind. But what irks me is having to pay to launch, then seeing a bunch of signs saying "we are not responsible for...."
On a side note, i wish Long Hunter would adopt and enforce a pay system for the ramp. Both for lot/ramp/dock/light money and for overall park upkeep and possibly worker wages to help further secure the property.

XxthejuicexX
05-01-2016, 09:17 PM
You are right TN. I don't mind paying to launch if I know that the parking lot is supervised and safer.....

Dakota
05-02-2016, 07:26 AM
I think its the safest ramp on the water. Its 30 ft from were people eat and right next to the marina. Always has have good lighting and guys drive around in golf carts throughout the property. I understand what he's doing as a business owner I just have to let it sink in because Ive used this ramp for 10 years. I think it just shocked me because of all the years I didn't pay.

tacklemake
05-02-2016, 07:52 AM
Once it starts at that marina all the other marina will start it too. then it will be like Maryland where you pay $25.00 to use the ramp.

commdd
05-02-2016, 11:52 AM
the day i have to pay to launch is the day i sell my boat, the public paid for all these ramps to begin with!

deezelteck
05-02-2016, 12:46 PM
I think they do this to narrow their customers down to a select type. $$$. Charging for everything possible will keep the common man, like myself going to other ramps. Don't get me wrong 8$ won't break me, but it is just another added cost that I could use elsewhere.

I do agree, if they lit the place up at night, and maybe threw up a camera. I would be happy to pay the 8$ to use it on those late evening outings.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

notorious
05-02-2016, 12:50 PM
I
On a side note, i wish Long Hunter would adopt and enforce a pay system for the ramp. Both for lot/ramp/dock/light money and for overall park upkeep and possibly worker wages to help further secure the property.

There was a time when they did and you could buy a yearly pass until public outcry for admission for State Parks cancelled the system.