PDA

View Full Version : great website

luckystratos
05-01-2016, 11:01 AM
guys,i want to thank each one of you for the info you put on this site.i visit the site very often but don't sign in like I should.i mainly bass fish but like to catch anything that bites.i fish old hickory 99% of the time.i have been scratching my head like skillet this spring and any info you guys put on here perks my ears.lol.thanks again for every post.

tkwalker
05-01-2016, 11:39 AM
guys,i want to thank each one of you for the info you put on this site.i visit the site very often but don't sign in like I should.i mainly bass fish but like to catch anything that bites.i fish old hickory 99% of the time.i have been scratching my head like skillet this spring and any info you guys put on here perks my ears.lol.thanks again for every post.

Lucky, you have been a member for 10 Years with 7 posts. I am sure our membership could learn from you as well. Every time your keel hits the water you learn something new. You can't beat experience.. Thanks for the compliment on the site but members like yourself is what makes it successful. Let's hear from you more often ... Thanks again <'TK><:)

Texas_Rig
05-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Fished a tourney on OH this morning. We didn't win but we caught a lot of fish and probably around 15 keepers. We had 12 lbs and just couldn't find any bigger fish. But we caught our keepers on main creek channel banks. Points, channel swings etc. creek points were a big key. But we had a limit very quickly by fishing docks that had shad spawning on them early this morning. The shad were spawning like crazy early

deezelteck
05-01-2016, 06:14 PM
We were on old hickory Friday and Saturday. We could get on the small bass, but never could zero in on the large mature fish.

Good to hear someone located shad spawning..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Dakota
05-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Fished a tourney on OH this morning. We didn't win but we caught a lot of fish and probably around 15 keepers. We had 12 lbs and just couldn't find any bigger fish. But we caught our keepers on main creek channel banks. Points, channel swings etc. creek points were a big key. But we had a limit very quickly by fishing docks that had shad spawning on them early this morning. The shad were spawning like crazy early

What part of the lake did you fish?Also how many pounds did it take to win the tournament?

Texas_Rig
05-01-2016, 08:40 PM
What part of the lake did you fish?Also how many pounds did it take to win the tournament?

Take off was from Flippers and I started just above 2 foot and worked my way back fishing main lake pockets and small creeks along the way. It took just over 17lbs to win. Finished 9th

tacklemake
05-02-2016, 08:07 AM
The bite was early in the morning for Mr ED and me then the tournament boats started flying in and spooked the fish and it was over. We had four bass in four casts up to 3 1/2 lbs then it was over.

luckystratos
05-02-2016, 08:09 AM
I will try to post more.mainly haven't been posting because I would never mislead anyone.guess if I post my wrong doing someone might straighten me out.lol.son and I fished last Monday from 8 am til 2(mid lake)no keepers.friday 10 til 2.still no keepers(lower end).usually try everything but tried mainly plastics on those 2 trips.think I need to change my name.that was 10yrs ago.lol.i will keep everyone informed and I will continue to fish no matter what because I love being out there with my son.wife says I created a monster.he got me back at it after a 5 yr layoff from burnout.

skillet
05-02-2016, 10:51 AM

Glad to hear someone shares my misfortune!!! Lol. There's two things happening and it can only be one or the other. Either old hickory is fishing totally different than it has the last few years or I just plain suck!!!!!! Well, I guess it could be both. 🤔 I've said many times this year, I'm as lost as last years Easter egg, and I'm starting to really stink up the joint!!!

Halli
05-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Glad you posted Mr. Lucky now go find em' and let us know where the next step will be as Soon and very soon the pattern will change over to a summer bite.
I love the summer bite. I have more fun fishing Bluffs with small bucktails and Long Points with Carolina rigs!

luckystratos
05-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Halli sir,i will let you all know.hope to get out this weekend.as far as summer I am usually lost then also.however in june last year got on a good jig bite.come july I lost my fish.