PDA

View Full Version : J.percy hybrid

gordonc615
04-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Went out Friday morning with my dad trying to get him on some hybrid since its been years since he actually chased him. My dad was the one who first introduced me to the big boys back in the 90s when 7 points was always the spot to go to and we would float balloons and big shiners from Norts. I really miss that place by the way. Anyway after catching some shad with the cast net we hit a couple coves in the upper part of the lake and didn't even mark any fish. We finally hit a hail Mary spot and he was able to hook up with a nice 10lb fish. I think I finally convinced him that I'm doing the research and putting in the time lol. The weird thing is I was only able to catch 3 small striper on the shad while he caught 2 good size hybrids off a white fluke paddle tail with a half Oz jig head. That's so crazy to me. Anyways if anyone wants any more info just pm me and I'll give up the details.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160430/35138984e958c4c264019320f7f14d3d.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160430/a0a978b67cbe52dfd710b2e9fa913d5e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

gordonc615
04-30-2016, 03:03 PM
BTW most of the time when it comes to these boys I'm strictly catch and release cause a picture last longer but my dad wasn't having it so we put em in the freezer this time

Alphahawk
04-30-2016, 05:13 PM
Nice fish.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
04-30-2016, 05:16 PM
BTW most of the time when it comes to these boys I'm strictly catch and release cause a picture last longer but my dad wasn't having it so we put em in the freezer this time

Great looking fish. I went this morning and only had a white bass and three largemouths. Don't apologize for keeping fish, eat what you want.

Jlg309
05-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Great looking fish! I was out yesterday late afternoon in the rainstorm. We got into a school of them, busting bait fish on the surface. My wife and daughter were using a 2" grub on a 1/8 oz jig head, while I was throwing a small blade bait. We all had crazy amounts of strikes but the blade bait had more hook ups, thanks to the five hooks. (Yes, I switched them to blade baits!). Love fishing for the JPP hybrids, especially when they come up shallow in the spring.

Heiny57
05-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Nice......

jad2t
05-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Congrats on some nice fish and I'm with the juice man, don't apologize or feel like you need to justify eating them. They're delicious. Yeah a picture lasts longer but a picture doesn't get you wild, truly organic, fish to eat. Catch and grease, my man.

white95v6
05-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Congrats on some nice fish and I'm with the juice man, don't apologize or feel like you need to justify eating them. They're delicious. Yeah a picture lasts longer but a picture doesn't get you wild, truly organic, fish to eat. Catch and grease, my man.

Ha-ha hybrids are not truely wild or organic...they are man made freaks and I love them.

XxthejuicexX
05-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Ha-ha hybrids are not truely wild or organic...they are man made freaks and I love them.

You sir are correct. I was explaining it to my wife the other night about how they are made :) They are wild and organic but still man made for eating. Nothing like free range, organic all natural non GMO man made fish the fight like crazy!

Fishmanjoe
05-02-2016, 02:52 AM
Non-GMO? Aren't Hybrids genetically modified?

jad2t
05-02-2016, 07:15 AM

Yea I'm aware of how they came along but my point was the whole natural diet, not farmed fish, criteria as far as wild and organic. Not specifically the Hybrids, but all the fish available for our eating.