PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow 23-25

notorious
04-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Fished hard for the past three days out of Horse Creek on DH. My buddy and I found SM in the creeks mid-way back with the bait fish...no bait...no fish. I threw a swim bait most of the time and hair jig on occasion and caught SM and Katfish, largest SM was 21", largest Kat was off the ruler guessing 32" easy. Kat and SM hit HARD and both fought the same and without getting sight of the fish you couldn't tell the difference. My Bro killed the Warmouth, Shellcacker and Bream on anything he threw (grub, cranks, spinners) and bonuse-ed with a LM. DH is a heart breaker and species select fishers can go home without a fish if not versatile. Some Walleye were being caught, however they alluded us even with target fishing for them for most of the evening each day. Fish seem to be scattered and difficult to pattern other than prior mentioned. Met some super people while up there... Ronnie and David from Chattanooga area and Joe on the Houseboat from Nash. As always, a guy couldn't ever ask for better host than Mitch and Thomas, who operate Horse Creek...top notch guys and you simply couldn't expect a friendlier place to stay. WT 66*+-, water is clearing with about 10'+- visibility.

Got to go and clean some cats for nuggets...

commdd
04-25-2016, 05:11 PM
great report, thanks for taking the time to post. congrats on the big fish!

Alphahawk
04-25-2016, 05:30 PM
Congrats on your trip.

Regards

TNBronzeback
04-25-2016, 10:11 PM
Thats a good day right there. Im gonna head that way one of these days to target them walleyes.

AllOutdoors
04-25-2016, 10:53 PM
Sounds like a great trip.
Thanks for sharing.