PDA

View Full Version : Marine electronics installer

ChrisNClark
04-22-2016, 08:04 AM
Does anyone have a recommendation on an electronics installer on the east side of Nashville? I'm have a new sounder/chartplotter and transducer I need put in.

notorious
04-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Does anyone have a recommendation on an electronics installer on the east side of Nashville? I'm have a new sounder/chartplotter and transducer I need put in.

Not that hard of a task, therefore it is recommended you do it yourself for a satisfying job. I have seen completely destructive installs of marine electronics, holes miss-drilled, poor routing of cables and crap electrical connections. Read the instruction 3x and have a beer and conversation with your buddy(s) and do it better than most marine dealers.

TNBronzeback
04-22-2016, 10:09 AM
I agree! its always a little nerve racking drilling holes in your boat....but you can take your time, seal the hols to your liking, you control the materials, routing ect.
It really is a simple task, but like mentioned, read the directions a few times and even a few youtube clips.

ChrisNClark
04-22-2016, 10:10 AM
I've installed several fish finders/stereos/etc, I am aware of what's required. However, I would like to have it done between weekends so that I can spend my weekends fishing instead of installing electronics. The point of my post was to ask the folks here if they know of a reputable installer that will do a good job so I can avoid the issues you outlined.

ddyyak
04-22-2016, 10:51 AM
I had one installed at Tracker Boat Center in Hendersonville this year. Was going to try myself but had challenges with getting access to wiring as I had them remove an old finder I move up to the deck. I know several people who have used them with no issues. Very busy place it could take a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jlg309
04-22-2016, 06:42 PM
Clark Marine in Franklin will do it. I was given a quote of standard shop rate ($95/hr) for two hours. I opted to do it myself, however they have done other work for me and I was very satisfied. I'd think they would do a decent job on an electronics install since they are a bass boat dealership.

Halli
04-22-2016, 10:20 PM
I've installed several fish finders/stereos/etc, I am aware of what's required. However, I would like to have it done between weekends so that I can spend my weekends fishing instead of installing electronics. The point of my post was to ask the folks here if they know of a reputable installer that will do a good job so I can avoid the issues you outlined.

:( Any Marine in your area will take your Money Mister!

jaycee
04-23-2016, 07:24 AM
Sometimes it is more cost effective to let someone else do it rather than diy. Lots of variables involved.

ChrisNClark
04-23-2016, 08:52 AM
:( Any Marine in your area will take your Money Mister!

Which is precisely why I asked for a recommendation for a reputable installer.

ChrisNClark
04-23-2016, 08:53 AM
Clark Marine in Franklin will do it. I was given a quote of standard shop rate ($95/hr) for two hours. I opted to do it myself, however they have done other work for me and I was very satisfied. I'd think they would do a decent job on an electronics install since they are a bass boat dealership.

Thank you....I will give them a shout on Monday.

ChrisNClark
04-23-2016, 08:55 AM
Sometimes it is more cost effective to let someone else do it rather than diy. Lots of variables involved.

Correct. I just ran trolling motor cables...ended up having to put in a new hatch to gain needed access, buy all kinds of crap to finish wires, etc. would have been easier in the long run to have it done by a pro.

jaycee
04-24-2016, 06:59 PM
And then sometime you earn more working than you can save diy.

chrisntab
04-25-2016, 11:10 AM
Electronics are more than just the install. Getting them installed so you get the best performance is key and sometimes requires tweaking. Saw a brand new Onix 10 si on a $45k boat installed at marine dealer and couldn't see SI on left side. point is DIY yourself andtest on water. Don't feel like if not getting best results it was installation error. there are many factors other than just how it is mounted that effects performance.

DIY

90titans89
04-26-2016, 08:27 AM
I used C&O Marine in White Bluff to install my bow unit and console unit, ram mounts, and structure scan. I was pleased with the installation and it has worked great.