PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow shellcrackers

Alphahawk
04-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Fished Dale Hollow today. Found the shellcracker on the flats in 7 feet of water. Caught them at will.....dozens of them. It was a great day of fishing. Also found some Gills. The water temps are 64 degrees. These fish were not on the bed. They have moved up shallow in anticipation of the spawn. All fish caught on a Bison colored Trout Magnet on a 1/16 ounce jig head with a #8 hook using SOS 2# test line. Rod was Yamaga Blanks Blue Current TZ Jig Head Special 6' 10' UL rod. Oh...here is pic of Roy's big Smallie he caught today on a Trout Magnet using SOS 2# test line. I had two come unbuttoned...big boys. Today was a ton of fun. My good spring continues....life is good!

notorious
04-19-2016, 07:10 PM
Unbelievable the lakes and fish you catch. I follow you and can't wait to see where you will be. You sir may be the best UL fisherman I know.

tsuggs
04-19-2016, 08:11 PM
Man those crackers look good!! thanks for the post and pics

Shoe man
04-19-2016, 08:20 PM
Nice day! Always look forward to your posts!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
04-19-2016, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I turn 65 this October and I told myself that this was going to be the spring of all springs for fishing......with the new boat it just opened up so much more opportunities. Going to hit Center Hill in the morning....take a day off...then fish Pickwick Friday with another forum member out of Kentucky.

Regards

TerryD
04-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Great catch, report and pics as usual. Living the dream!
Congrats Randy!

XxthejuicexX
04-19-2016, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I turn 65 this October and I told myself that this was going to be the spring of all springs for fishing......with the new boat it just opened up so much more opportunities. Going to hit Center Hill in the morning....take a day off...then fish Pickwick Friday with another forum member out of Kentucky.

Regards

I'm always impressed with the fish you find and catch. I just want to tag along and watch :)

AllOutdoors
04-19-2016, 09:31 PM
Nice fish.
Thanks for sharing.

lupanfreitag
04-20-2016, 06:20 AM
It certainly has been a glorious spring soon to cartwheel into summer.
Nice fish. Shellcrackers are such a blast especially on light line.

Travis C.
04-20-2016, 06:29 AM
Great fish!

That lake is a gem for fishing.

Mikeyrrt
04-20-2016, 05:27 PM
Nice day on the water looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skillet
04-20-2016, 08:38 PM
I'm always impressed with the fish you find and catch. I just want to tag along and watch :)

Same here!!!! But if he wanted to take us fishing and teach a youngster a thing or two, I wouldn't argue with that either!!! 😂😂😂

Good job alpha, I'm always impressed by your tactics and the fish you catch!!

Alphahawk
04-20-2016, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I am hitting Pickwick Friday with a forum member from KY. I do want to get back up to Dale Hollow real soon on a weekday. I have a couple of waypoints that should give up a bunch of shell cracker...Smallies, in next two weeks.....long trip though.

Regards

crosshairy
04-20-2016, 09:27 PM
If I could take a one-month leave of absence (or even just get a couple days off a week here and there) then I'd do exactly what you are doing.

It makes my skin want to crawl off when I think that I'm going to have to go another week (or two) with zero opportunity to go anywhere/do anything.

Believe me when I say "you are living the dream".

When my dad re-retires next month, I'm hoping to convince him to do the same thing :)

Transplanted Sportsman
04-21-2016, 06:17 AM
Another awesome day Mr Randy!, no matter where you fish or what species you are after, you can sure find them and catch some of the prettiest and chunkiest fish!

Dakota
04-21-2016, 07:11 AM
Very nice catch congrats are in order!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk