PDA

View Full Version : Caney Fork 04/17 Sunday

lupanfreitag
04-18-2016, 09:23 PM
I know I sound like a broken fishy record but the Caney has been extraordinary this year. Sunday with blazing sun and blue bird skies did not matter a bit. Absolutely manic for over three hours. The long rods came through again and the Trout Magnet jig heads did their magic. I'll try to post photos later. The biggest was two 18 inch browns but a slew of 16 inchers both both bow and brown persuasion.

Every trip this spring I think that is it. I won't do that again. But time after time the Caney abides.

Amazing. Amazing body of water. 5 trips this year and I have counted already over 200 + fish.

(I bought cheap chinese counters for bow, brown and brook. Let's see what number we end up with....)

Good fishing and keep the reports coming!

Alphahawk
04-18-2016, 09:28 PM
Congrats!.....one new turbine goes online in August. Going to be a lot more oxygen in the water.....just going to get better.

Regards

IdahoBoy
04-20-2016, 08:16 AM
Hey! My wife and I were there Sunday as well fishing out of a red mad river canoe. Were you fishin out of a little Jon boat? There was someone camped out up by the dam across from the shoals wearing them out...... We couldn't find the pulse, but congrats!!!!!!

lupanfreitag
04-21-2016, 06:28 AM
That was me and yes it is too small. It was wild for hours. It never stopped but promises to the wife pulled me away. If I wasn't married I'd still be there, broke, homeless and boat full of fish slime.... and a huge smile on my face.

IdahoBoy
04-21-2016, 12:13 PM
That was me and yes it is too small. It was wild for hours. It never stopped but promises to the wife pulled me away. If I wasn't married I'd still be there, broke, homeless and boat full of fish slime.... and a huge smile on my face.

Glad you are killing it! We couldn't take on a boat load of fish w/ our 6 mo. old boy in the boat!!!

Sent you a PM, would love to visit if you are up there this weekend again.

lupanfreitag
04-21-2016, 12:36 PM
I will not be there this weekend but the next one I will be.