PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Lake fishing report 4/16/2016

tacklemake
04-17-2016, 01:06 AM
Mr ED and I have been fishing for the pass three days catching crappie, bass and bluegills. All on Mr crappie swim bait in purple/chartreuse and Crappie magnet in black/chartreuse all under a float about four feet. I found if you want the big slabs all you need to do is move it real slow and stop it then with a light pop move it again. The crappie bite better in the shade and the little bass are hitting wacky worm in real shallow water. The water temperature has been around 61.8 and it looks like a good time to start night fishing crappie with clear sky's and a bright moon. The catfish are starting to move in for spawning and the carp are in the grass in the shallows. We are going back out again this morning early and see how many crappies we can get before 10 am when they stop biting. Drake's creek is real hot right now for crappie so go fishing and get you some. So till the next time good luck and GOD BLESS......Woody

Alphahawk
04-17-2016, 06:11 AM
Sounds like a fun day Woody. Congrats on your catch.

Regards

tacklemake
04-17-2016, 12:37 PM
We caught 15 Crappie but only four where keepers. I'm going back out in the morning for more crappie's.

deezelteck
04-17-2016, 04:43 PM
Nice catch.

Those carp in the grass thick, saw them today.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

FishAddict
04-17-2016, 09:02 PM
Pounded the crappie this AM on OH, curly tails and baby shad plastics on jig pole. Not a lot of big fish but ample keepers. Down size your line if you can, the water is really clear right now for the Hick. Not all the fish have moved up, fish are still in many depths, and did not really find any beds or dark males yet. Eggs were not developed at either all so there should be at least 2 more weeks left.

tacklemake
04-18-2016, 08:51 PM
Nice catch.

Those carp in the grass thick, saw them today.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

No not yet.

tacklemake
04-18-2016, 08:56 PM
Pounded the crappie this AM on OH, curly tails and baby shad plastics on jig pole. Not a lot of big fish but ample keepers. Down size your line if you can, the water is really clear right now for the Hick. Not all the fish have moved up, fish are still in many depths, and did not really find any beds or dark males yet. Eggs were not developed at either all so there should be at least 2 more weeks left.

I have been dead sticking in deep water and catching them up to 15" .There just off the bottom.