PDA

View Full Version : Old hickory lake record

unkangler
04-15-2016, 06:30 PM
O.K.... maybe i'm feeling a little optimistic, but I was researching on how you submit a OHL record and on the corps website there is a form you download. It's basic ... but says you need to take fish to a marina and have the catch weighed, I stopped in at Drakes creek marina and talked to the manager and he looked at me like i had two heads , never heard of such a thing he said, can't help. I fish mainly in Hendersonville so where would I get a record certified?

skillet
04-15-2016, 10:14 PM
Black jack cove marina maybe? It's not far from drakes...other than that, maybe a Kroger or other nearby grocery store. But, if I had a fish that I thought was maybe a state record or even world record, I would call Twra or the corp of engineers and have them help with getting the fish safely weighed, measured, certified and released. That would be my course of action.

The world record walleye came out of old hick and it was actually taken off as the world record at one time because some people said there was no way the fish was as big as it was. And with the only proof being a picture it was hard to debunk them. Then after the guy that caught it died, his family took photographs to different biologists and they confirmed by the pictures that the fish was in fact big enough to be the world record. There's also controversy with the small mouth record out of dale hollow lake. That's why I would have the proper authorities involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkwalker
04-15-2016, 11:53 PM
The Corp has nothing to do with State or international Large fish records ... Only TWRA ... The first thing that needs to be done as quick as possible is take the fish to a certified Scale. Like Skillet said, Kroger or any super Mkt. and get it weighed and verified ... Here is a thread from 2011 about the World record Walleye that was caught in Tennessee ... from FishingTN archives ... Folks you need to use it ... Top Right corner of any page It is has volumes of great information .. http://www.fishingtn.com/archive/index.php?t-4001.html .... <'TK><:)

Texas_Rig
04-16-2016, 12:13 AM
Well at least tell us what the hell you caught. Jk, but really what did you catch. I can't be the only one wondering.

Adrian
04-16-2016, 12:16 AM
Take it to Flipper's

unkangler
04-16-2016, 09:21 AM
[Old Hickory Lake Record.... O.K. thanks, here is a link to the corp record form : http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/Portals/49/docs/Lakes/Old%20Hickory/Record%20Fish%20Application.pdf

It's very specific on taking the fish to a marina on the lake.

tkwalker
04-16-2016, 10:33 AM
UNK, I misread your post .. You wanted a specific lake record. That is different from State and International records ... Tells us the outcome with the record (Species) as soon as you know ... Thanks:) <'TK><

TnCreekMaster
04-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Flippers has certified scales thats were most lake records are weighed in