PDA

View Full Version : Lake Martin Alabama

skillet
04-07-2016, 07:28 AM
Going Friday to my little hometown to see my mom who is recovering from reconstructive breast surgery after having them removed due to cancer. And an added bonus, my stepdad has signed us up for a tournament. From what I have gathered on the Internet, bass are in the spawning period. So I've loaded up my lizards and creature baits, my bluegill colored everything and getting ready. This lake is really clear in the lower end and a maybe a little bit clearer than old hickory on its best day on the upper end. Im hoping he will agree with me and fish docks and shallow lay downs for largemouth and leave the smaller spotted bass alone. This lake is full of spots but small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
04-07-2016, 07:45 AM
Sorry to hear of your mom's problems. Best of luck.

Regards

skillet
04-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Unfortunately it's a genetic problem but she should be all good now. She had her last drain tube removed yesterday and is able to go back to work in another week. Appreciate the kind words.

skillet
04-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Well, we didn't find any big girls, water muddied up on us once the wind picked up, but wasn't horrible. Caught decent fish off of concrete sea walls but didn't have near the weight to win. This lake is full of 12-15" spotted bass and is kinda difficult to weed through them to get the bigger fish because of how aggressive they are. But we did have 5 and was culling by 11 am which is good but the upgrades weren't much at all. We would from a 12.25" to maybe 13.5. Lol all in all it was a great day with my stepdad and did fairly well in my book. We had no idea where the big fish were, what to use or a pattern to use. Just went to a cove and started throwing square bills and worms around docks. What did surprise me was we didn't get the first bite off of a dock. There may have been docks nearby where we caught fish on the sea walls, but nothing off an actual dock.