PDA

View Full Version : Normandy Dam & Lake Report! Sunday 3rd of April!

GISJason420
04-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Went fishing w/ a friend on this recent Sunday!... He got all of this!!!! I had a few bites tho! The Couple Basses were from around the dock, and the trout is from down the stream from the dam quite a way. First time I've seen a brown trout!! :D

Alphahawk
04-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Congrats on your catch. Those are nice fish but that is a brood rainbow they released in there.

Regards

GISJason420
04-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Congrats on your catch. Those are nice fish but that is a brood rainbow they released in there.

Regards

Brood / Brook? so many trout variants? Even one called a splake? After reading a bit into Broods I understand a bit so pretty much it's like possible to have an mutant brood in the holding tanks at the hatchery? Since I remember visiting some spot at like 3 or 4 am, took an cast and bam the hook broke @ first bite... WTF!?! Should have gone into there with a NET not a hook and rod combo! :D

Alphahawk
04-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Brood / Brook? so many trout variants? Even one called a splake? After reading a bit into Broods I understand a bit so pretty much it's like possible to have an mutant brood in the holding tanks at the hatchery? Since I remember visiting some spot at like 3 or 4 am, took an cast and bam the hook broke @ first bite... WTF!?! Should have gone into there with a NET not a hook and rod combo! :D

Brood trout are any specie of trout used for breeding purposeses. That one you caught was put in there as it's job was done and it was getting older.....so they stocked them for folks to catch. My sons had a few a couple of weeks ago. I know that had to be a great fight. At one time...many years back they stocked Normandy with brown trout...but stopped as they did not do well there. While a brown may get mixed in it is not likely....but can happen...but not one that big....it is a rainbow. Here is pic of rainbow looks pretty much like yours.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
04-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Enough kidding around, Alpha. You know that is a walleye.