PDA

View Full Version : trying for crappie

gordonc615
04-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Anybody know if the crappie are up shallow yet? I'm going to try tomorrow since hopefully the wind will be down and the Temps will be up. Any help would be great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TNBronzeback
04-03-2016, 02:32 PM
When i got into them week before last i got alot of them up on the bank. 1' of water down to as deep as about 8'. Smaller fish were deeper yet.
You should be good to go!

XxthejuicexX
04-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Yes, they are shallow. If not on the bank they are on the last staging spot before spawning.

SAMBOLIE
04-03-2016, 09:11 PM
I caught several last week fishing from the bank. Most were in 3 ft or less water. Only rock bank and no submerged decoys. Most were black also.

iceberg8729
04-04-2016, 07:24 AM
Sambolie I don't want to know your exact spot but what vacinity of the lake were you fishing? I have been trying everywhere from the bank and cannot seem to find them anywhere. Any help is appreciated but like I said I don't expect you to give up your sweet spot. I have tried vivretts creek and long hunter area with no luck so far using minnows for the most part and switching back and forth with those and small crankbaits.

SAMBOLIE
04-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Sambolie I don't want to know your exact spot but what vacinity of the lake were you fishing? I have been trying everywhere from the bank and cannot seem to find them anywhere. Any help is appreciated but like I said I don't expect you to give up your sweet spot. I have tried vivretts creek and long hunter area with no luck so far using minnows for the most part and switching back and forth with those and small crankbaits.

I caught them in Seven Mile creek at Whitfield Park.

SAMBOLIE
04-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Sambolie I don't want to know your exact spot but what vacinity of the lake were you fishing?

I SENT YOU A PM. Get some 1/16 minnow head jigs and Crappie Magnets. I like the blue with flake or Tequila Sunrise colors.

Travis C.
04-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Anybody know if the crappie are up shallow yet? I'm going to try tomorrow since hopefully the wind will be down and the Temps will be up. Any help would be great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They are shallow been catching them since mid-March and were being caught today. ;)