PDA

View Full Version : Jpp 4-2

TNBronzeback
04-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Blah is about all i can say about my day today. Loaded up for anything and everything. Got to the dam before sun up. A few pokes on the Rig but not hookups. Didnt see many fish boated on land or by boats but they may have picked up after i split. The wind was brutal everywhere i went today and i was all over. Picked up one nice blacknose on a single brush pile mid lake. The real gem of the day though was the smallie i got on the rig. I got tired of fighting the wind on a flat off a point so i just let the wind take me where ever. Im cranking and WHAM!!! The rod about ripped out of my hand and drag ripped out on the hit. My first thought was hybrid or striper till she went air born. Not a massive smallie by no means but a solid 3.5 lb i would guess and just bulging fat. Looked in the mouth and seen the fork tail of some kind of big baitfish. Judging by the tail i dont know how it got it in its mouth or down its throat. Wishing i had taken a picture but the gulls were working so i thought i may have found a school. Nope! lol.
So then i ran way up lake to where i got my crappies 2 weeks ago and it was a white water mess. So i did what everybody else was doing and just found somewhat calm water. Picked up a few largemouths on a jerkbait. Nothing too special. I did find some shallow bass on the SI which i did manage to catch a few sitting around a log so that was pretty cool to see em on the screen then actually catch em. Figures, the wind is suppose to alot calmer tomorrow and im not fishing! lol.
Im starting to get the hang of the SI. certainly alot easier when your shallow to get better detail. Fish and thier shadow.
Im gonna get on those hybrids this spring if it kills me!
Ive got a few more SI pictures i will post once i reduce the size.

Headhunter
04-03-2016, 08:23 AM
Yesterday evening was a great one. pulled up on a rockpile in about 2' of water, limited on crappie in right at 50 casts, good ones to. Then caught several small bass on rat-l-trap.

XxthejuicexX
04-03-2016, 09:37 AM
Yesterday evening was a great one. pulled up on a rockpile in about 2' of water, limited on crappie in right at 50 casts, good ones to. Then caught several small bass on rat-l-trap.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160403/21b37c9b46abbd01da7d77acae77e589.jpg

XxthejuicexX
04-03-2016, 09:40 AM
It's always awesome to find fish on SI and then Catch them! Last time I was out I was running down the lake and saw birds, stopped fished waisted 45 minutes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAMBOLIE
04-03-2016, 11:32 AM
It's always awesome to find fish on SI and then Catch them! Last time I was out I was running down the lake and saw birds, stopped fished waisted 45 minutes :)

You saw birds on the SI. Should have kept the lure in the air.

TNBronzeback
04-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Thats epic there! glad ya hammered em like that! good evening to a day for sure!

TNBronzeback
04-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Well in the shallow water, the SI went 40' off to the side, then seeing the fish size, then catching them to understand the size ratio was a big help.

TNBronzeback
04-03-2016, 11:41 AM

Lmao!

jaybird
04-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Think I saw you out there yesterday John and tried to call you. Love the fish finder.

XxthejuicexX
04-03-2016, 08:17 PM

Nets work better! Caught a duck once on priest as I drove through a flock of them trying to take off.

SAMBOLIE
04-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Nets work better! Caught a duck once on priest as I drove through a flock of them trying to take off.

I was Shiner fishing with my cousin and a guide in FL. A bird/duck swooped down and took flight with my bait.

My reel was in free spool and when I cranked I suppose the spinning spool prevented the reel from fully engaging. My cousin was laughing so hard he almost fell off his seat. The guide was not happy to hear his reel grinding. Fortunately the creature got loose and the reel was not damaged.

TnCreekMaster
04-03-2016, 09:13 PM

I was coming out of shutes branch one evening right around dark made a left turn to head down river and out of no where there was a line of geese and I couldnt do anything at 50mph and straight shredded one all I heard was a evinrude goose blender lol

TNBronzeback
04-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Think I saw you out there yesterday John and tried to call you. Love the fish finder.

I seen i had a missed call, but i hadnt saved you as a contact. Its saved now. Sorry about that!

skillet
04-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Lmao....these stories are hilarious!! I have one too. I was fishing a worm, threw out, making long cast, one of those prehistoric looking herrings/cranes flew right into my worm mid flight. I didn't realize what happened, all I seen was my line screaming to the right!!! I laid back and set the hook and that bird hit the water!!! Only thing I could say was WTF JUST HAPPENED!!!! It was in the water flopping and flapping and carrying on...I cut the line and it flew away in a hurry. I'll tell ya, Trokar hooks are well worth the money!!!!

TroutFiend
04-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Lmao....these stories are hilarious!! I have one too. I was fishing a worm, threw out, making long cast, one of those prehistoric looking herrings/cranes flew right into my worm mid flight. I didn't realize what happened, all I seen was my line screaming to the right!!! I laid back and set the hook and that bird hit the water!!! Only thing I could say was WTF JUST HAPPENED!!!! It was in the water flopping and flapping and carrying on...I cut the line and it flew away in a hurry. I'll tell ya, Trokar hooks are well worth the money!!!!

I bet that bird was cuttin a shine, those creatures can make a lot of racket and startle the heck out of you late at night.

TroutFiend
04-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Funny story here too. A few years back my partner and I were kayak fishing the Caney around 2 A.M. We were tossing top water plugs, all of the sudden he was yelling out for help because his head lamp had went out. I peddled up with the Hobie upstream to him and he had snagged a huge beaver in the tail with the treble hooks! Fighting current, fog and teeth he was determined to save his $12.00 plug but it wasn't happening. We had to cut her loose, so if you here that rattle late in the night on the banks of the Caney that's ol' sore lip herself...

Andy