PDA

View Full Version : Personal best Spotted bass.

Alphahawk
03-26-2016, 03:47 PM
Fished at Center Hill Lake this morning. Was blessed to catch my personal best Spotted bass today. I have caught some longer but nothing close to as heavy as this one....a beautiful Spot! I used my Yamaga Blanks Blue Current TZ 6' 10" Jig Head Special UL rod...spooled with SOS 2# test line...a 3/32 ounce jig head with a #6 hook, and a Bison colored Trout Magnet. This fish gave me all I wanted and put up a great fight....she was digging hard! Boat is in garage....batteries charging....boat cleaned and polished with ICE...and am ready for Monday. Life is good!!!

Regards

Texas_Rig
03-26-2016, 04:05 PM
That's a dandy there. There's nothing like a bite from a spot. They hit so much harder than a LM that 90% of the time you know it's a spot as soon as they bite. Beautiful fish and congratulations

ddyyak
03-26-2016, 07:42 PM
You catch some amazing fish with that little trout magnet. Mind me asking how you are fishing it? Swimming, bouncing of the bottom, jigging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllOutdoors
03-26-2016, 08:26 PM
Well done Sir. Congrats on the personal best.
Thanks for sharing.

Alphahawk
03-26-2016, 08:46 PM
You catch some amazing fish with that little trout magnet. Mind me asking how you are fishing it? Swimming, bouncing of the bottom, jigging?

Thanks for the comments guys. I twitch the Trout Magnet. Sometimes I fish it under a float. If you do a forum search you will see thousands of posts about using the Trout Magnet. You can also go to troutmagnet.com and they have videos about twitching. I just count down to where I think the fish may be and start twitching it back to me.

Regards

thehick176
03-26-2016, 11:04 PM
Heck of a fish! I imagine the fight was a handful.

skillet
03-27-2016, 01:06 AM
You never cease to amaze me with what you catch with so little!! Great job and even a better feat with small line and gear!! Those spotted bass are mean as hell!! A 2lber feels like a 4lb largemouth and are a lot like smallies, they have no quit in them!!

Travis C.
03-27-2016, 08:12 AM
What a nice spot. Congrats!

TnCreekMaster
03-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Good one alpha if you squeezed the tail you might have a TARP spotted bass! I know when I catch one that size on 6lb test its a battle not having the line pop so fishing with 2lb man that takes some skill and a little luck, respect.

Tyler

spottedbass
03-27-2016, 04:04 PM
Awesome fish. What a football!!! My favorite fish to catch.

wormdunker
03-27-2016, 06:50 PM
ooowee, that's a beauty. Belly looks like mine after Easter Dinner today. Congrats.

fisher01
03-28-2016, 09:07 AM
Wow, what a nice fat spot! Congrats!

fairweatherfisherman
03-28-2016, 09:37 AM
Nice fish. Apparently not going hungry. Where would one purchase that model of rod?

Alphahawk
03-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Nice fish. Apparently not going hungry. Where would one purchase that model of rod?

Thanks for the comments guys. The rod is available here http://jpangler.com/index.php/rod/yamaga-blanks/blue-current/yamaga-blanks-blue-current-jh-special-610-tz.html

You will notice it is out of stock. If you keep checking they will get more. The Japanese make small production runs of their better rods of around 500 rods at a time. I don't know the reasoning behind this but that is how they do it. I am not pushing anyone to buy JDM fishing gear. I am just reporting how it performs for me. The JDM gear is expensive....there is a warranty but you have to get the rod back to Japan....if mine breaks I don't see me sending it back, I would just buy another one.

Regards

StriperFan
03-28-2016, 07:02 PM
That is a toad for sure, as big around as it is long!!