PDA

View Full Version : Caney Marble Eye

TnCreekMaster
03-21-2016, 09:33 PM
Decided to hit the caney today about noon launched from the boat ramp below the Carthage bridge over the Cumberland and headed way up the caney probably farther than I should have went. The water hadn't fallen yet so we motored all the way up to bettys island and smith fork yeah we took a 18ft deep v stratos all the way to bettys the whole time heading up I was super alert because I knew what the depth normally is which isnt much in places but we made it there no problem.

We started fishing there at the mouth and nada the water was warmer and clearer at the mouth of the creek but no good marks on the sonar so we decided to motor up to the head of the island and float down the narrow side where we had seen some good browns before but fished the whole way down and nada water was still moving quick even at full trust back trolling we were still drifting a good 1.4mph so we headed down river a ways fishing the bluffs and picked up a dink 10" small jaw that broke the skunk but no more bites so we continued on down to dripping rock bluff got there around sunset and started fishing the bluff and about the 4th cast I hook up and it felt like another snag until the thing shook its head and then I knew it was a good fish but still didnt know what it was, it came up and I thought it was a striper but no, it came up again by the boat and turned out to be a walleye! I had my buddy grab the net and after a good 3-4 min fight on 6lb test we put a beautiful 25" walleye in the net. Fish had spawned out no eggs or fish milk lol. This is the third time out ive caught a big fish and nothing really else lol well thats fishing I guess.

till next time good luck and happy fishing everyone!
Tyler.

Alphahawk
03-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Nice fish.

Regards

AllOutdoors
03-21-2016, 11:03 PM
Nice fish! Thanks for sharing.

hunterchub
03-22-2016, 06:52 AM
You went where with what? Good Walleye.

jad2t
03-22-2016, 07:22 AM
That's a beauty of a Walleye. Enjoy dinner!

Travis C.
03-22-2016, 08:26 AM
Pretty fish. Congrats!

That river is just amazing. It's my home away from home.

TnCreekMaster
03-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Thanks guys! The caney is a beautiful river that can be very rewarding at times and very humbling most of the time. Caney was around 50 degrees with 3ft vis the creeks were a few degrees warmer and very clear, the wildflowers were blooming which made for some nice scenery along the way. Im hoping we can get some stable weather we were going to go below jpp for some trout but the river dropped 6 degrees overnight so that was a no go and old hickory just cant get rid of the pea soup colored water, ahh come on spring!

Tyler

RiverBum
04-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Nice Fish!

tkwalker
04-03-2016, 12:16 AM
CreekMaster .... You are a lucky guy.. I guess you know the fall rates of the river if they stop Generating ... It is 20 Miles from The Carthage Bridge to Betty's Island ..Total distance to Center Hill Dam is 28 miles .. I have fished and ran the whole length in my 23 foot bay boat with a 25 inch foot, 3 liter Blue Water Merc but if the river falls on you your in trouble ... especially down stream from Drippy Rock after you leave the pool and also at every Interstate crossing (5 of them) there are ledges that will shear the lower unit (worst than Priest!!) But you are right !! A beautiful River and fishing ... You may want to consider launching at the the Dam for your Browns and Eyes in the future, (For Stripers work from Carthage to Drippy Rock)... From the dam Work down as far as the converse of the Smith at the Se-bow Wishey Area ... Man the stories I can tell !! .. Keep log of all of your fishing outings.. Take Plenty of Pic's ... You are making memories ... <'TK>< :)

TnCreekMaster
04-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the info TK much appreciated

Happy fishing
Tyler