PDA

View Full Version : Chickamauga April 2-3

jprism
03-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Local info needed...Bass fishing out of Dayton TN, April 2-3, will launch out of Richland Creek. Never had the chance to fish this lake before. Looks like water will be at 677-679 ft or 4-6 feet below summer pool and would guess that spawn and post spawn pattern will be in effect?

Any creeks north or south, coves, etc. that may be productive would be of great help.

If you ever fish Old Hickory, Priest or Kentucky let me know as I will gladly share info with you.

Thanks

XxthejuicexX
03-20-2016, 02:11 PM
I fished it yesterday. We caught two shallow and the other 20 on transitional banks. Mostly channel swings heading back into creeks or pockets. Rock on the banks with wood that dropped into 20' feet of water. The warmest water was we found was in the back of Wolfret Creek, 65 degrees. All fish on Shaky heads, swim baits and bomber Model A's. I know that there were some big fish caught yesterday but not by us. We had 8 keepers out of the group but nothing big.

TNBronzeback
03-21-2016, 03:37 PM
I fished it yesterday. We caught two shallow and the other 20 on transitional banks. Mostly channel swings heading back into creeks or pockets. Rock on the banks with wood that dropped into 20' feet of water. The warmest water was we found was in the back of Wolfret Creek, 65 degrees. All fish on Shaky heads, swim baits and bomber Model A's. I know that there were some big fish caught yesterday but not by us. We had 8 keepers out of the group but nothing big.
that cold front must have really messed them fish up if the water was that warm and not many fish were caught shallow. atleast it wasnt a total bust though!

XxthejuicexX
03-21-2016, 04:31 PM
that cold front must have really messed them fish up if the water was that warm and not many fish were caught shallow. atleast it wasnt a total bust though!

Water was 60 when we started and stayed there most of the day, we found warmer water in the back of that creek. We had fun but it would have been nice to catch some bigger fish. There was a tournament that was going on out of the ramp we put in at. I found out yesterday that it took 31.9 to win it..... someone killed it Saturday!

TNBronzeback
03-21-2016, 04:57 PM
Water was 60 when we started and stayed there most of the day, we found warmer water in the back of that creek. We had fun but it would have been nice to catch some bigger fish. There was a tournament that was going on out of the ramp we put in at. I found out yesterday that it took 31.9 to win it..... someone killed it Saturday!

WHEW! that is a big limit (im assuming) of fish.
I dont bass fish much, i guess i should do more of it just to expand my knowledge overall. But i dont care too much about big bass, like 5-6 and up....i want quantity! if i can catch 20-30+ 2-3 pounders in a day....thats what i like. Lol.
Since i dont tourney fish, weight means nothing to me, i just want action. I guess G-ville is the place to go for that action huh?

XxthejuicexX
03-21-2016, 08:38 PM
WHEW! that is a big limit (im assuming) of fish.
I dont bass fish much, i guess i should do more of it just to expand my knowledge overall. But i dont care too much about big bass, like 5-6 and up....i want quantity! if i can catch 20-30+ 2-3 pounders in a day....thats what i like. Lol.
Since i dont tourney fish, weight means nothing to me, i just want action. I guess G-ville is the place to go for that action huh?

Chick or G-ville works for both quantity and quality. Last year over four days we caught like 280 fish on chick. I've also had 125 fish weekends on G-ville also. Think 31 pounds /5 fish is a little over a 6 pound average. I was disappointed with just 22 fish Saturday.

jprism
03-22-2016, 07:16 AM

Did you launch up near Dayton or closer to the dam?

XxthejuicexX
03-22-2016, 08:24 AM
The ramp in Dallas bay. The lake is still about 6' down. It threw my plans off.

jprism
03-22-2016, 02:35 PM
The ramp in Dallas bay. The lake is still about 6' down. It threw my plans off.

Yea Dallas Bay is way down towards the dam from where we will stay and put in.

XxthejuicexX
03-24-2016, 06:49 PM
We will be fishing different sections of the lake but let me know how you do. I pumped about going.

jprism
03-25-2016, 03:12 PM
Bass in and attempting to spawn in creeks with the water down 6ft...good lord TVA.

XxthejuicexX
03-25-2016, 08:08 PM
Bass in and attempting to spawn in creeks with the water down 6ft...good lord TVA.

Yeah, it's been going on for a couple weeks. I guess TVA Is really worried about flooding. They are going to be raising the water it looks like while we are there during the week of the 6th.