PDA

View Full Version : How low will it go

TnCreekMaster
03-11-2016, 09:43 PM
For all of yall that follow the lake levels what is up with center hill they havent stopped generating since october and today it hit 624.04 and falling thats well below winter pool and it might be a good time to scout out some spots on the ole hill since the flows dont see to be stopping below the dam for any wading or float fishing

TNBronzeback
03-11-2016, 10:42 PM
are they having leakage issues that they need to get fixed or something i wonder.

TroutFiend
03-11-2016, 11:51 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160312/e25da0e88485cb838b078a0f469b57af.jpg

They will slow down generation in about an hour.😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TnCreekMaster
03-11-2016, 11:56 PM
They have completed the main barrier wall on the dam and the auxiliary dam is the only phase left, but a couple times this winter it got too summer pool and even a few feet above it

tkwalker
03-12-2016, 12:55 AM
Folks, remember the flood of May, 2010!... My cabin was on the Caney for 16 years until I sold it, so I am very aware of generation and lake levels ... I've fished and guided on most of the navigable waterways for a number of decades..

During this time of year the CORP OF ENG and TVA .. drop everything to it's lowest level, (In the Spring the Power Demand is at its lowest do to the transition of non needed Heat and AC demands, this is also the time that TVA rebuilds it's Generators and Boiler units..) Now the lowering of lake levels is done for two reasons .. 1.To work on ramps and sub structures that normally can not be done during most of the year. And 2. to prepare for the Spring Rains that occur in March, April, and May... I think the disaster of 2010 has raised the bar for preparedness for the CORP .. As you have seen on the news, record rain fall in Texas and Louisiana has resulted in such flooding ...

I think the Corp learned a lesson in 2010 when trying to save the bedroom City and residence of Hendersonville, and then released the water via the Old Hickory Dam that sent the massive tidal wave down stream like a pipe line into metro Nashville.. Which caused Millions of $$ in damage .. So they are going to suck everything as low as they can which is JPP, OH, CH, DH... Every thing that feeds the Cumberland River chain... <'TK><:)

tsuggs
03-12-2016, 07:16 AM
Folks, remember the flood of May, 2010!... My cabin was on the Caney for 16 years until I sold it, so I am very aware of generation and lake levels ... I've fished and guided on most of the navigable waterways for a number of decades..

During this time of year the CORP OF ENG and TVA .. drop everything to it's lowest level, (In the Spring the Power Demand is at its lowest do to the transition of non needed Heat and AC demands, this is also the time that TVA rebuilds it's Generators and Boiler units..) Now the lowering of lake levels is done for two reasons .. 1.To work on ramps and sub structures that normally can not be done during most of the year. And 2. to prepare for the Spring Rains that occur in March, April, and May... I think the disaster of 2010 has raised the bar for preparedness for the CORP .. As you have seen on the news, record rain fall in Texas and Louisiana has resulted in such flooding ...

I think the Corp learned a lesson in 2010 when trying to save the bedroom City and residence of Hendersonville, and then released the water via the Old Hickory Dam that sent the massive tidal wave down stream like a pipe line into metro Nashville.. Which caused Millions of $$ in damage .. So they are going to suck everything as low as they can which is JPP, OH, CH, DH... Every thing that feeds the Cumberland River chain... <'TK><:)
Clear explanation fer an ole country boy like me.Thanks TK

Alphahawk
03-12-2016, 05:10 PM
It will go low enough to break at least one trailer axle today. I won't be back until it is at 630. My trailer dropped just as boat floated off. There is not much ramp there. While some did launch..as did I...others did not want to try it.

Regards

commdd
03-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Alpha, if you dont mind me asking, what ramp is that?

Alphahawk
03-12-2016, 05:44 PM
That is Edgar Evins.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90titans89
03-14-2016, 08:23 AM
the ramp I use......are there others that go deeper?

pitbull
03-22-2016, 03:42 PM
I gave a guy who'd broke his axle some large cable ties I keep on the boat, in some attempt to get him home. Seemed to be the guys with the smaller boats having the most issues, which I find strange, I've been 5 times since it's been around 624ft with my Buick (88' model 21ft Stratos) and haven't had any problems. Ran into a guy with a Phoenix who had just watched someone launch a BassTracker and nearly ripped the bottom out of his trailer, he didn't want to launch until I told him I'd go first.

JPP was low a few weeks ago too, if it hadn't been for Navionics telling me where I could find the channels and such I'd have loaded right back up and went to Hickory....