PDA

View Full Version : Nickajack/Normandy

Alphahawk
03-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Hit Nickajack this morning. Caught 45 crappie on a Midnight Blue Thunder Hawk Micro Dancer, using a 1/16 ounce Double Cross Jig head using rods strung with SOS 2# test line. There was no wind at all. It was really nice feeling the "thump" when they hit the jig. I was using two rods today. I tried out my new Major Craft FineTail Banshee 6' 7" trout rod today with the same lure and it really shines. It is a trout rod but the action is perfect for crappie. I kept a limit of 15 crappie....but gave them to someone who needed them far worse than me and headed home. I forgot my Hawg trough today but the box I have them on is 11 inches long. My biggest fish I figure was over 13 inches. With the others being 12 inches....or very close to it. Another great day. Well I had to pass by Normandy Dam and looked at TVA app and it showed the flow had been reduced to around 200. I was getting a play by play from Merv and his crew...LOL....which had me pumped....so I stopped off at Normandy and tied on a Bison colored Trout Magnet and started twitching for trout using the Major Craft Banshee. Caught 36 trout pretty darn quick and had to get. Trout were all around 11 inches with maybe a few going 12 inches. The new trout rod did not disappoint. Going to try for some Smallies in the morning. Life is Good!

Regards

Halli
03-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Quit it your killing me haha!

I need to get some nice Crappie this year.

tsuggs
03-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Dang yer puttin a hurtin on em randy ,,, congrats!!!