PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Saturday Report

Dakota
03-06-2016, 10:24 AM
Fished a tournament Saturday at OH with 60 boats and I believe top 10 places won money and gift cards. Big fish was 6.59lb. We fished from flippers to cedar creek with water temp from 49-50. Our first stop in station camp I was throwing an TN rig and my first cast bam a hit but a 13inch LM. We fished and fished and threw everything you can imagine but just couldn't find them. Shallow, deep and even some wood off the channel. Our last stop we pulled in a pocket off the channel with good current. Once again throwing the TN rig boom 2lber. 2 more casts another one. I was hoping they were stacked up in there but that was it. Only 3 fish one keeper. Fun day with my buddy and loved the challenge but didn't like the results. First place was 19.92 and 10th was 12.42. Im thinking there was more action up river....
Dakota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNBronzeback
03-06-2016, 10:58 AM
good report!
always more enjoyable with somebody else in the boat!

Pinwheeled
03-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Dang. 19.92 is a heck of a bag on Old Hickory.

notorious
03-06-2016, 09:40 PM
I usually am pitching/flipping jigs in craw colors during spring. Catch a few crawdads and get your color match. Early morning throwing a 1/4 oz buzz bait catches numbers. Try throwing weightless worms in the skinny water also using heavy line, super-line hooks (for weight) and super-free reel. I got schooled by a Okeechobee fisherman once in mere inches of water I would never even think about fishing and we caught fish all day and when the wind picked up it got even better.

Dakota
03-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Big fish and big bags were caught in Spencer Creek and station camp areas. 17 foot of water suspended 4–8ft. That's where we were fishing too but didn't have that luck.

deezelteck
03-07-2016, 09:10 PM
What method was used to determine the fish were suspended? Graph?

Heiny57
03-07-2016, 11:01 PM
The honesty of the winning fisherman.......... LOL :D

AllOutdoors
03-07-2016, 11:33 PM
I usually am pitching/flipping jigs in craw colors during spring. Catch a few crawdads and get your color match. Early morning throwing a 1/4 oz buzz bait catches numbers. Try throwing weightless worms in the skinny water also using heavy line, super-line hooks (for weight) and super-free reel. I got schooled by a Okeechobee fisherman once in mere inches of water I would never even think about fishing and we caught fish all day and when the wind picked up it got even better.
Dang! A buzz bait this time of year in 50 degree water on OH. I am missing out. I love a top water bite.

deezelteck
03-08-2016, 10:52 AM
The honesty of the winning fisherman.......... LOL :D
I was afraid of that.. :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Dakota
03-08-2016, 11:12 AM
What method was used to determine the fish were suspended? Graph?

Yes I would imagine they were using the graph.