PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Elk and could not fish

tcintn
03-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Looked at the schedule for the Elk,still blowing water at Caney, and decided to get up and go this AM.Put new SOS 2 lb. line on my reel and got all of my Trout Magnets both the regular ones and the mini's in my vest.
Ate a good breakfast and headed out.Pulled in at dam and quiet a few were already there. A friend came over and got some mini's and then said lets get the waders on and go fish. Open back door on truck and I remembered my waders and boots were in the shed at home.
Oh well,nice drive there and back.
Until next time.:(

TNBronzeback
03-05-2016, 04:23 PM
thats a bummer!
i know the feeling though!
im sure as sportsmen, we have all, at some point forgotten an intregal piece of equipment once we got to our destination. Boat plug, boat keys...ect. All part of the adventure i guess.

notorious
03-05-2016, 07:32 PM
boat keys...

Done that on my way to Normandy once, made it just out of town when I do a look-over on the tires and such, I was late to fish that morning. I now have a garage and I hook the keys to the kill switch lanyard so the likely-hood of that occurring is reduced. I also have three or four hull plugs and always leave some gear in the boat in case I forget something. I once made it all the way to Dale Hollow and launched when I realized all my tackle bags had been stolen from my boat during a quick stop when I wasn't looking.

TNBronzeback
03-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Done that on my way to Normandy once, made it just out of town when I do a look-over on the tires and such, I was late to fish that morning. I now have a garage and I hook the keys to the kill switch lanyard so the likely-hood of that occurring is reduced. I also have three or four hull plugs and always leave some gear in the boat in case I forget something. I once made it all the way to Dale Hollow and launched when I realized all my tackle bags had been stolen from my boat during a quick stop when I wasn't looking.
i recently (last summer) made the mistake of not stowing all my crawler harnesses on the way to the ramp. I keep them on cut foam cylinders and 2 full rolls, about 4 dozen home made spinner rigs blew out of the boat on 40 somewhere. So my lesson learned was losing 5 strike king crankbaits trolling for walleyes. It was a short fishing trip to say the least. That one still stings!

IdahoBoy
03-06-2016, 10:40 AM
That stinks! Reminds me about the time I put my boat in only to find out I left my battery on the charger back home... 3 hours away!

Did you hear how the fishing went? Almost headed down but the wife had other plans!

tcintn
03-06-2016, 12:48 PM
That stinks! Reminds me about the time I put my boat in only to find out I left my battery on the charger back home... 3 hours away!

Did you hear how the fishing went? Almost headed down but the wife had other plans!

I spent a few minutes talking with a few folks and handing out some samples of mini Trout Magnets and the went home to help my bride who is not doing well.
But still great to get out.

riverhawkluke
03-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Ed, that reminds me of a time long ago before I was around. My dad had a day off and decided he would fish the Caney. He packed his waders, his vest, his fishing pole, his hooks, sinkers, and a can of corn. Two hours later he gets everything on and walks down to his favorite spot, goes to bait his hook with his corn…except, it was cream of corn!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TNBronzeback
03-07-2016, 09:55 PM
LMAO!!!! that would be hard to keep on the hook!