PDA

View Full Version : White bass inquiries

Fatpat_33
02-17-2016, 02:09 PM
Hey again everyone! Looking to go out for some whites this afternoon since it's gonna be pretty beautiful. I'll prolly be launching right underneath Cheatham dam early Saturday morning and was wondering if anyone had any info if they were running just yet. I'll probaby go out Friday might to probe and see if they are or not but any info would be much appreciated. Thanks again!

thehick176
02-17-2016, 08:40 PM
Better check the generation schedules. They are pumping ridiculous amounts of water right now.

XxthejuicexX
02-17-2016, 09:08 PM
Better check the generation schedules. They are pumping ridiculous amounts of water right now.

That's what I was thinking. With all this rain it's going to be tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SalmonDaze
02-18-2016, 08:10 AM

No Kidding!!! Amazing to watch the level of Priest from day-to-day. Open the spigots and still can't dump enough water to keep it at "winter pool."

jad2t
02-18-2016, 08:36 AM
This entire winter has been goofed up by heavy rainfall and abnormally high temperatures. There's no telling what effect it will have on early Spring patterns. The whites will still do their thing but I guess it will be hard to know when. As far as tailwaters go, you can forget about that for a while. Every dam has been full throttle for so long now trying to keep the reservoirs at winter pool. I've been wanting to get my kayak below CHD for months now and never had a chance.

agelesssone
02-18-2016, 08:51 AM
Went by the dam yesterday and NO gates were open, just the generators.
On the lake, at Long Hunter, water was stained, Bryant Grove and above, chocolate milk, below Four Corners and Hobson Pike bridge, good looking water.
BUT! The fish were not in a feeding mood. Tried at Poole's Knob (pretty good water behind HK Island), marked a lot of fish but no takers.
Then moved to 5 Point, again marked good fish but no takers.
Talked to Mike Medlock, who fishes almost every day, he said him and his partner had fished since daylight and had caught two hybrids. 10 hours of fishing for two fish!
Maybe this warming trend will pick up the bite.
Water temps about 43-45 degress, according to location.

thehick176
02-18-2016, 08:59 AM
I haven't been below OHD since Nov. I normally stay down there all winter fishing for Smallmouth. It's driving me crazy

SalmonDaze
02-18-2016, 09:05 AM
This entire winter has been goofed up by heavy rainfall and abnormally high temperatures. There's no telling what effect it will have on early Spring patterns. The whites will still do their thing but I guess it will be hard to know when. As far as tailwaters go, you can forget about that for a while. Every dam has been full throttle for so long now trying to keep the reservoirs at winter pool. I've been wanting to get my kayak below CHD for months now and never had a chance.

Not even worth a peak up at C.H. Was up at Crossville last weekend . . . Caney was way WAAAY up over the banks and ROLLLLLLING.

Now . . . on the other hand, I took 70 home through Sparta, and the Calf Killer looked absolutely beautiful, clear with a little (very little) stain.

Just say'n . . . ;)

Shoe man
02-18-2016, 02:48 PM
Hey again everyone! Looking to go out for some whites this afternoon since it's gonna be pretty beautiful. I'll prolly be launching right underneath Cheatham dam early Saturday morning and was wondering if anyone had any info if they were running just yet. I'll probaby go out Friday might to probe and see if they are or not but any info would be much appreciated. Thanks again!
Went below Cheatham yesterday (Wednesday) and the fish are there but they are very hard to come by when conditions are like they were. The creeks are muddy and the river kept getting muddier all morning yesterday. By Saturday if we don't get any more rain it should be great fishing. We caught 10 nice whites yesterday. All were caught on the riverbank in very small slack water spots. The usual eddies had to much current flow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk