PDA

View Full Version : Jig Molds

TNBronzeback
02-16-2016, 11:44 AM
Im in the market for a jig mold. Ive checked the larger mold manufacturers on the market and they do not make what im looking for. However i can find the jigs i want at several stores locally. it looks like they take a football head jig and shave the sides down creating a wedge style head. it cuts the current better than any other jig ive tried so i would love to find a mold for it.
does anybody here know of somebody that has a mold like that?
i can have a mold made for several hundred bucks, but i would never make my money back to go that route, i would be better off just buying $300 worth of pre-made jigs from somebody and having buckets of them around for years. lol.
looking for 1-1/4oz. size.
i want the mold so i can modify it for a stinger hook eye.
any help would be appreciated.

Fish Whisperer
02-16-2016, 03:09 PM
I would look for saltwater jig molds. The deep sea jigs may be too big.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX
02-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Not molds but I stumbled across these looking for a jig manufacture. What do you think? Pretty good price to me and the guy is located outside of Memphis I think.

http://www.kenstbc.com/sauger-jigs.html

TNBronzeback
02-16-2016, 04:16 PM
Ya know, i was looking at some of the "fish head" jigheads earlier which some were listed as saltwater and they may be just as streamline....and the molds are fairly inexpensive. I may look into those.
Essentially, i just dont want Football head, Round or another one called Fishlips. They all just catch too muchnwater.
Thanks for the info!

TNBronzeback
02-16-2016, 04:18 PM
Not molds but I stumbled across these looking for a jig manufacture. What do you think? Pretty good price to me and the guy is located outside of Memphis I think.

http://www.kenstbc.com/sauger-jigs.html
Those are pretty close! and a very very good price. Im sure they would be even cheaper with no stinger. I might go as far as buying several dozen unpainted if he gives a good discount.
Thanks, im gonna give him a shout!

notorious
02-16-2016, 07:19 PM
"Do-it" molds are what I use. You can touch up what you need with a dremel to get what you want. I customize all of my molds for Gami hooks.

TNBronzeback
02-16-2016, 11:54 PM
"Do-it" molds are what I use. You can touch up what you need with a dremel to get what you want. I customize all of my molds for Gami hooks.
Yeah i like thier blade bait molds, but thier jig molds will be a last resort on a bullet style.