PDA

View Full Version : First impeller change

Pinwheeled
02-14-2016, 02:25 PM
I tried my hand at changing my impeller today. Seemed like it went pretty smooth. Took it to the lake and I think it's peeing okay but not 100% sure on that. The video below was just at idle. When I get on plane it looks a lot like this but I wasn't sure if that wasn't just the wind blowing it around. As soon as I let off it turns into a steady stream. When I pulled the cowl off, the motor was nice and cool. Any input is appreciated
https://vimeo.com/155309273

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkwalker
02-14-2016, 03:40 PM
PW, give me a call ... 615-347-8277... <''TK><:)

thehick176
02-14-2016, 04:51 PM
I would think it would be stronger than that. TK is definitely the man to have on the case.

Pinwheeled
02-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Went out to the garage and I see my top seal that goes over the housing laying on my work bench. I'll have to take it back apart tomorrow when I get a chance. If that doesn't improve the flow I will definitely give you a call, TK. Thanks

tkwalker
02-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Went out to the garage and I see my top seal that goes over the housing laying on my work bench. I'll have to take it back apart tomorrow when I get a chance. If that doesn't improve the flow I will definitely give you a call, TK. Thanks

PW, call me before you do anything again ... the seal may not be all of your issue ...

Water pumps are not round, they are elongated, did you ever turn the drive shaft Counterclockwise, if so, some of the blades of the impeller may be biased in the opposite direction... Also you may be okay, Merc's have a strange Tell Tail (Pee discharge) .. Call me .. <'TK><

Pinwheeled
02-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Update on this...

TK, It was great talking to you and thank you again for taking the time. When I pulled off the housing, there was a fin pointing the wrong direction. I fixed that and put everything back together like you recommended. Cleaned out the telltale as well. It had a little gunk up in there.

Flow is definitely stronger now when the engine warms up. I ran it a bit longer at WOT and it ran great with a strong telltale.

Should be a piece of cake in the future.

Thanks again.

Heiny57
02-19-2016, 08:55 PM
Good job TK on the help, and I will call you PW when I need mine done. LOL