PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tank Connector. <'TK><

tkwalker
02-09-2016, 02:56 AM
TECH TIP .. A gentleman bought a twin line fuel connector on Ebay. But discovered that it leaked big time after being pressurized when disconnected from the motor .. The connector was totally rebuilt he was told ... Well we tore it down completely, yes new Springs and "O" rings. But what we discovered was that the "O" rings were Hardware store "want to beeeees!!" and not original Bombardier (OMC) replacements. They were close ... See Pic .. The two rings on top are New OMC ... The two lower are Hardware store ... It isn't so much the I.D. of the ring but the O.D. thickness of the ring. Hope this helps ... <'TK>< Walker & Sam Wearly

JasonH
02-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Since the tank that uses those is pressurized from engine crankcase pressure, its really important they seal well when disconnected. What a mess if they don't seal...don't ask me how I know :( Bottomline, need the right part for the job. Its also a good idea to get into the habit of opening the cap to relieve the tank pressure before disconnecting these connectors.

gunplayer
02-20-2016, 06:37 AM
Thanks Terry for finding this problem with my tank connector. James Bevis (gunplayer)

tkwalker
02-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Thanks Terry for finding this problem with my tank connector. James Bevis (gunplayer)

James go to www.AOMCI.org check it out and join and then we can sign you up as a Mid South Member ... <'TK><:)

gunplayer
02-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Hello Terry, just now printing a copy of AOMCI membership Application, will send it in. Thanks James Bevis

gunplayer
02-20-2016, 02:10 PM
HI Terry , Just put the Letter with membership Application in the Mail. Thanks again for the message you sent and telling me about this Membership at your shop yesterday, I added your name-- How did you hear about this club on the Application form. Have a great afternoon-- looking awful cloudy here in Florence, Al today. James Bevis

FishingTN
02-05-2018, 03:37 PM
testing attachment uploads

tkwalker
02-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Cute !! <'TK>< Thanks Danny ...