PDA

View Full Version : Shiners...

Jaymon
02-05-2016, 08:48 AM
near Pickwick Dam? Anyone know where to get some?

Alphahawk
02-05-2016, 09:06 AM
I would try the Pickwick Store in Counce. If you can't get them there The OutPost next to the dam has them for sure. The OutPost is right before you cross the dam coming from Memphis...can't miss it.

Regards

SAMBOLIE
02-05-2016, 10:36 AM
near Pickwick Dam? Anyone know where to get some?

I used to get some in a little motel not far from the dam. That was in the 1970's. I think it is now closed. Also got some in a tent which was nearer the dam.

Never was the type to try it in the stores as Alpha suggested.

Travis C.
02-05-2016, 10:51 AM
I used to get some in a little motel not far from the dam. That was in the 1970's. I think it is now closed. Also got some in a tent which was nearer the dam.

Hahaha...

Alphahawk
02-05-2016, 10:53 AM

The Pickwick Store in Counce....is, was....owned by Roger Gant....one of premier crappie guides in the nation. But the store has been for sale for a while and I don't know if he has sold it or not. The OutPost Ott is what you and I used to know as Adams Bait. It was open for 60 years under that name. It was bought after being closed for a couple of years and to tell you the truth I didn't think it would make it under the new owners. They have transformed that into a thriving restaurant and bait shop. Their bait shop does not carry a lot of tackle but they do have plenty of bait. They do have shiners as I called and asked. The hotel you are talking about is Little Andy's. Don't know if the bait shop is still opened there or not.

Regards

Jaymon
02-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Thanks very much!