View Full Version : Old Hickory Water

jprism
01-29-2016, 10:15 AM
What is the water clarity?
What the temp running?

Fishing tomorrow out of Shutes Branch

agelesssone
01-29-2016, 10:47 AM
Water clsrity is good and the temps are about 43-45 according to your locale.

Texas_Rig
01-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Yes water clarity is very good for OH and the temps around the Cairo areas have been around 45. I haven't seen it lower than that in the last couple if weeks but I've also only been out in the afternoons

thehick176
01-29-2016, 09:28 PM
Hey Texas Rig, have you seen any shad in the back of Bledsoe lately?

Texas_Rig
01-30-2016, 08:36 AM
I haven't even been back there to be honest. I always put in at Cairo bc it's so close to my house so you would think I would be an expert on Bledsoe but I just can't catch them in that creek for whatever reason. So I just don't spend a lot of time in there. I can go in there and find so many good looking areas and just can't get it done in Bledsoe. Actually one of my fishing goals this year is to figure that creek out so I'm gonna be spending more time in there. I usually fish OH 3-5 days a week outside of deer season and I'm dedicating 1 day every week just to learn that creek. I haven't been any farther back than Bledsoe boat ramp so far this year.

thehick176
01-30-2016, 09:49 AM
Usually this time of year the back of Bledsoe is packed with shad. There is a section back by the marina where 3 creek channels come together. I do good there throwing X-Rap jerkbaits. I sit in the channel and cast to the flats on each side. Sometimes they are on the channel edge, sometimes they are up in a foot of water.

Texas_Rig
01-31-2016, 05:05 AM
The weird thing is that i haven't been really catching any bass around big schools of bait. All the ones I'm catching are just around very little bait. Also my days are hit or miss. I caught them really good in one area on Tuesday and left biting fish to see if I could duplicate the pattern. When I came back to the same area on Thursday I never got bite in that area. Only difference was the water was up a little from Tuesday.

thehick176
01-31-2016, 05:34 AM
It has definitely been a weird winter so far. I'm gonna go check Bledsoe this morning and see what's happening. I'll let ya know

thehick176
01-31-2016, 12:30 PM
Bledsoe was a ghost town this morning. Caught one bass on a spinnerbait, no shad to be found. Just couldn't figure them out and got tired of fighting the wind.

Texas_Rig
01-31-2016, 03:42 PM
Was the water still up?

thehick176
01-31-2016, 05:27 PM
Not by much. Between the main river current and wind, your choices were limited as to where to fish

Dakota
01-31-2016, 06:58 PM
Hit old Hickory this morning but not much of a report. Winds were kicking over 20mph. Decided to flip minnows around a brush and docks in Cedar creek and cages bend with no bites. Was hoping for a few crappie just a slip float with a bobber stop trying different depths. Water temp was 47.6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk