PDA

View Full Version : Plans this weekend

MikeyBfromTN
01-27-2016, 12:15 AM
With it being sunny this Saturday, what is everyone's plans?

I think its either Tims Ford or Normandy for me.

Probably make a day of it. Maybe a shore lunch of burgers.

Mike Buesing
Spring Hill, TN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNBronzeback
01-27-2016, 07:48 AM
Hitting the river for my toothy buddies! been a few weeks for me so i hope im greeted with open mouths! lol.
Generations and clarity will dictate where i launch.
I need to get below old hickory this year so i may head that way.

Reel Tune
01-27-2016, 08:49 AM
Working as always then the Nashville Clay Target Complex for some nice weather outdoor fun activity.

XxthejuicexX
01-27-2016, 09:05 AM
Not sure yet. My wife has plans with some friends so depending on when that happens determines if I fish. I would like to catch some more trout below Normandy but I don't think the flow is going to get back to where it needs to be. I need to spend some time cleaning up the bass boat and running it for awhile.

SalmonDaze
01-27-2016, 09:21 AM
Everyone with a fishing license will be out this weekend. So mine will be a stealth mission; I could tell you, but then . . .:p

gordonc615
01-27-2016, 01:22 PM
Tnbronzeback how close do u get to the dam down there? is it good fishing this time of year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

skillet
01-27-2016, 02:48 PM
Old hickory dam is flowing 29,300 cubic feet per second of water right now. I know TnBronzeback says he fishes in those conditions a lot, but I still can't fathom how. Lol I can't fish it from the bank because when I throw out my bait or lure is past me before I can get my slack up. I've tried to understand his ways of doing it, but my tiny brain just can't wrap around it. If he explains it again maybe you can get it and then dumb it down a lot more for me.

But to answer your question about the fishing...it's phenomenal in my opinion. I love going down there. I like to throw traps, and slider jigs just because you never know what you will catch.

gordonc615
01-27-2016, 04:55 PM
I can't decide 4 tom... bank fishing from OH lock side or drive up to fish cheatham 's lock A side. which would be better this time of year?

aero320
01-27-2016, 05:04 PM
I think I will go to the Craft Show this weekend and hold my wife's purse while she shops ...... NOT! The big boat is going out on Saturday!

TNBronzeback
01-27-2016, 10:26 PM
Tnbronzeback how close do u get to the dam down there? is it good fishing this time of year?

The majority of the time i fish below O.H. im down stream of the dam several miles.
If the current is more than your comfortable with, fish around the wing wall and in front of the spill gates if they are NOT spilling.
Ive caught saugers on the Rayon City side of the dam between the end of the wing wall and the boat ramp when they are generating 28-30k.....spilling is just too much. With the layout of the dam area, the generatprs create eddies on the opposite side of the river depending on which ones they are running.
Position your Bow upstream to slow your drift, upsize your lead to 1-1/4 oz. and crank up your trolling motor to chase your jig. The fish are there and its safe fishing its just difficult if your not seasoned in current like that. Its do-able though but it can be frustrating.

SalmonDaze
01-29-2016, 11:18 AM
Saturday and Sunday look to be "average" fishing days, at best.

http://www.solunarforecast.com/solunarcalendar.aspx

Do you put stock in the phases of the moon and fish action?

TNBronzeback
01-29-2016, 11:31 AM

I know the In-Fisherman pushes those tables alot. I think its a matter of where your fishing and how. I think those tables are better for spawn activities. Even under "prime" solunar conditions, there are still a ton of variables that arent/cant be factored in such as weather, pressure, water temps, clarity, ect.
Kinda like that lure color selector thing you put in the water....im sure it has SOME merrit, but im not gonna pot much faith in it. Lol.

skillet
01-29-2016, 12:17 PM
I pay attention to the moon phases also. But like TnBronzeback said, there's a lot of variable unaccounted for. For instance, two days before, during, and after a full moon, WITH good weather conditions are really great times to fish to me. But a cold front is all it takes to really mess that up. But during spawn it seems to really push a lot of fish up and do their dance!! Even after the spawn I will fish within those five days. Sometimes it's great fishing and sometimes it's a bust. But I can't blame the bust on the fish, most of the time is because I didn't pay enough attention to what they wanted. Lol. During the summer I will fish the full moon and new moon phases at night and do really well then too. I don't plan my fishing around the phases, but to me, just seems that I dial in on them a little better than usual.

I've watched a lot of Gerald Swindle videos lately and he talks a lot about paying attention to the fish and what they're telling you instead of worrying to much about what you want to do, what you want the fish to bite. They're not always gonna bite what you want them too. And having a positive mental attitude. That is one thing that I have been working and is a New Years resolution for me. Not that I'm a negative person, but we all have our days.

aero320
01-29-2016, 05:19 PM

Those things are excuses for guys who cannot find the fish.