FishAddict
01-22-2016, 09:38 AM
Toad right there...

Heiny57
01-23-2016, 08:32 AM
That's what I' looking for.

Dakota
01-23-2016, 11:19 AM
That's more of a horse that a pig. Love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tnarcher
01-24-2016, 11:44 AM
Heckuva fish!

skillet
01-24-2016, 07:51 PM
That's what I'm talking about. Really surprised though that someone ain't crying about him keeping them. Gorgeous fish!!

XxthejuicexX
01-24-2016, 07:59 PM
That's what I'm talking about. Really surprised though that someone ain't crying about him keeping them. Gorgeous fish!!

Oh, I was waiting for that too. I'm not keeping any fish that big but to each their own.

agelesssone
01-24-2016, 09:35 PM
There are hundreds and thousands of fish that die every year that are never hooked by man. I have no problem with a guy keeping his catch of a lifetime.

XxthejuicexX
01-24-2016, 09:46 PM
There are hundreds and thousands of fish that die every year that are never hooked by man. I have no problem with a guy keeping his catch of a lifetime.

I don't either. I was thinking purely from the eating aspect. I don't want anything that big.

TNBronzeback
01-25-2016, 11:46 AM
Stripers Lives Matter!
LMAO! Striper grills up pretty nicely!

spottedbass
01-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Striper makes great fish tacos...

skillet
01-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Stripers Lives Matter!
LMAO! Striper grills up pretty nicely!

This cracked me up!!!!!!

TnBronzeback, we need to get together soon and so you can teach me some sauger techniques. You can tell me till your blue in the face, but I'm a hands on kinda guy on some things, and this is one of them. Lol

jad2t
01-26-2016, 03:00 PM

Well remember what we learned in that informative thread about keeping bluegills.

1] Disagreeing about keeping big fish makes you a narcissist

2] If you happen to have a $200k house and a $20k boat then you don't really "need" to harvest fish and you're just being greedy.

We need to do some research and find out how rich this guy might be. Then we can determine if he's a jerk for keeping a big fish or not. Don't be so quick to judge.

gordonc615
01-26-2016, 03:38 PM
haha yall are hilarious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TNBronzeback
01-26-2016, 04:13 PM
Well remember what we learned in that informative thread about keeping bluegills.

1] Disagreeing about keeping big fish makes you a narcissist

2] If you happen to have a $200k house and a $20k boat then you don't really "need" to harvest fish and you're just being greedy.

We need to do some research and find out how rich this guy might be. Then we can determine if he's a jerk for keeping a big fish or not. Don't be so quick to judge.

Well now your forgetting the debt/i cant afford it all, but im gonna buy it anyways factor! lmao.
I spent all my money on my boat so now i HAVE to harvest for groceries. Lol....how else am i suppose to justify all the money i spend on my toys? Lol.

skillet
01-26-2016, 08:35 PM
My whole thought on keeping fish is this, I pay my taxes, buy my fishing license each and every year for TWRA to stock and upkeep lakes. If I catch a 10lb bass guess what, I'm probably gonna keep it and have it mounted. I know I can take measurements and all that, but it ain't the same to me. It ain't my fish, it aInt the fish I caught!!! If I was to catch a 50lb stripe, it's going home too. If I catch a 2lb bluegill, it will get mounted as well. So in short, screw that guy and his views on keeping fish.

Mean Morone
02-03-2016, 07:24 PM
There are several reasons why I release or keep fish. One is, I'm poor. Not going to spend money to mount a fish my wife wont let me put on the wall. Two is, I'm lazy. I really don't like cleaning fish anymore. Three is, I'm selfish. If I catch a big fish in a body of water that I fish a lot and know very well, I release it because I hope to catch it agian when it gets bigger.

AllOutdoors
02-04-2016, 02:32 AM
You guys see this? I gotta finish my boat.... NOW7946
Nice fish! I catch them regurly on the duck but my biggest is around half that size.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/03/bc0cab5dea6f7e601be3565a946dca5e.jpg
If I keep one to to eat, I fillet it and cube the white meat. I boil it it and have a butter/garlic sauce to dip it in or cocktail sauce.

jad2t
02-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Three is, I'm selfish. If I catch a big fish in a body of water that I fish a lot and know very well, I release it because I hope to catch it agian when it gets bigger.

Wait...the other day I was told it's selfish to keep big fish. Now I'm told it's selfish to release them because you want to catch it again. Dangit, this catch and release thing is so complex. I don't know what's right anymore.

Travis C.
02-04-2016, 12:06 PM
If I keep one to to eat, I fillet it and cube the white meat. I boil it it and have a butter/garlic sauce to dip it in or cocktail sauce.

Nice striper....

That's exactly how I like to eat them as well.

Travis C.
02-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Wait...the other day I was told it's selfish to keep big fish. Now I'm told it's selfish to release them because you want to catch it again. Dangit, this catch and release thing is so complex. I don't know what's right anymore.

Just stick to hunting... I will fish the Caney for you. :)

jad2t
02-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Just stick to hunting... I will fish the Caney for you. :)

I'm just waiting for it to get warm again and I'll be out there. You can have the trout. It's so complicated to keep one you almost need a lawyer now a days to know if one is legal or not. I just want the Walleye and Stripers.

Travis C.
02-04-2016, 04:25 PM
It's so complicated to keep one you almost need a lawyer now a days to know if one is legal or not.

Sweet!

It's not all that hard for me...all the browns I catch are legal. :D

jad2t
02-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Sweet!

It's not all that hard for me...all the browns I catch are legal. :D

Ouch!! I still haven't gotten that 24" mark. Just shy of 22" this past Summer was my best.

Travis C.
02-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Ouch!! I still haven't gotten that 24" mark. Just shy of 22" this past Summer was my best.

You'll get them figured out man. They are there and they don't eat bugs. Floated over some brutes last year.

Mean Morone
02-04-2016, 09:45 PM

LOL. Yes it is complicated. Not so much for me. I could care less what anyone does with the fish they catch as long as they are within the law. I do hope that big fish I catch and release will survive though so I can have a shot at it again. If a big striper survives another year, it could be a couple pounds heavier. I guess I like the sound of a screaming drag over popping grease even though I love the taste of striper.

jad2t
02-05-2016, 08:12 AM
You haven't lived until you've fried some fish in coconut oil. Battered in flour, salt, pepper, and a bit of paprika. Man oh man.

TNBronzeback
02-05-2016, 08:43 AM
You haven't lived until you've fried some fish in coconut oil. Battered in flour, salt, pepper, and a bit of paprika. Man oh man.
Youve got my attention sir! LOL.
where do ya buy it? what temp ya fry it at? deep fry or pan fry? i fry with peanut oil religiously but if coconut give a different experience, im open to trying it!

jad2t
02-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Coconut oil is pricey, I get mine from Trader Joes and that seems to be the best value. You want virgin coconut oil so it has the coconut flavor. I have tinkered with this recipe for a while according to what kind of fish I'm cooking.

1 cup of flour (I use coconut because I can't do wheat, but either will work)
1 T garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 T paprika (smoked paprika if you can find it)

For Walleye I nix the paprika and garlic powder but I will dip the pieces in egg before the batter. In the egg goes a heated up teaspoon of honey and mix it well. That gives you a sweeter flavor on the fish. Use almond flour when doing it this way if you have it, it gives off a great flavor when fried in combination with the honey.

That honey and egg version works great with bass too. Green, brown, and striped varieties. I've cooked all those fish both ways and it works great either way. Walleye always gets the almond flour and honey/egg mix. It's just a great way to cook that fish! I'd recommend you fry up some of your sauger this way. You'll thank me!

Oh and I'm pan frying it. Flip once, careful not to burn the batter!

Travis C.
02-05-2016, 10:58 AM

That sounds great. We do the coconut shrimp with the dipping sauce. Never thought to do fish.

TNBronzeback
02-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Sweet! Thanks Jimmy! im gonna thaw some walleyes and give this a shot this weekend!