PDA

View Full Version : JPP quick report

Dakota
01-01-2016, 10:50 AM
So I hit JPP on New Year's Eve for three hours. I put in at Longhunter with water temperature around 56° and the water was stained. I was trolling umbrella rigs off the channel in about 30 feet of water trying to find hybrid close to Hobson Pike bridge. No takers but it seemed there was plenty of bait. Moved back over around Hong Kong and the pumphouse was trolling for a little while no takers. Then I decided to start throwing top water with temperatures 57.8° Had one blowup on the top water bait in about 2 feet of water. He was hooked but I lost him but he came out of the water look like he was about 2 pounds. I did use my HDS7 quite a bit and Marked about three very nice brush piles to add to my waypoints. Here's a picture of the Longhunter boat ramp water level. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/01/992e5e2a4a3f7242ddd1b3ff13f5cbc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thehick176
01-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the info. I was wondering how the water looked on the lower end. I fished around Barton's creek on OH yesterday and caught 8 decent bass. They were a lot shallower than I expected. Caught them all in 3 ft or less around what's left of the grass beds. The water is still dingy except for the very backs of the creeks.

thehick176
01-01-2016, 11:18 AM
I'm ready to get after some Smallmouth but OHD is pumping way to much water right now. Thinking about going to Priest tomorrow morning.