PDA

View Full Version : OH fishing today

jaybird
12-26-2015, 08:54 PM
I bought my boat this fall and have only fished JPP until today. Have not really fished for stripers intentionally but have a buddy that loves to fish for them and has been at me to get some equipment and give them a try. I still haven't got the bait net toss down but luckily had a few Starkey's shad left from the other day. Only caught one but had a blast catching it. Usually would not keep one this size but kept it because we have realtives in that love fish so will be showing it the grease tomorrow

TNBronzeback
12-26-2015, 09:42 PM
Nice work! some good thick filets on that bad boy!
seeing all these striper reports is making me think i should try to go after them one of these upcoming weekends.

JKTrevecca
12-26-2015, 10:33 PM
Well done sir! How did the redneck bait tank work out for you? Did you throw the shiners in it?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

jaybird
12-26-2015, 10:45 PM
Haven't used it yet. I did put it in the water to make sure it will float but did not catch anything with my bait net today.

Heiny57
12-27-2015, 11:18 AM
Nice catch.

Starkies shad? Do you mean large shiners? Or are they selling shad?

StriperFan
12-27-2015, 02:48 PM
You can really tell the stripers are putting on some weight and girth now that the water is cooling..nice catch.

gordonc615
12-27-2015, 03:40 PM
can u give us a general area? I was thinking about heading out on jpp this week sometime since I've got off work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

jaybird
12-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Sorry Heiny57. You are correct. The bait was a shiner.
-
Went back out there today and was nothing happening at all

Heiny57
12-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Sorry Heiny57. You are correct. The bait was a shiner.
-
Went back out there today and was nothing happening at all

Thanks, I was hoping someone might be selling shad.

agelesssone
12-28-2015, 09:01 PM
Heiny, I can GIVE you shad, but can't sell you shad.
What are you looking for?

SaltySportsmanTV
12-29-2015, 07:46 AM
I bought my boat this fall and have only fished JPP until today. Have not really fished for stripers intentionally but have a buddy that loves to fish for them and has been at me to get some equipment and give them a try. I still haven't got the bait net toss down but luckily had a few Starkey's shad left from the other day. Only caught one but had a blast catching it. Usually would not keep one this size but kept it because we have realtives in that love fish so will be showing it the grease tomorrow
Nice Catch Jaybird!

Heiny57
12-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the offer Merv, just looking for an easy source. I am still learning all this striper stuff . I have had some success catching at Jefferson, but then I can't find the fish. LOL I know there is some places in other States that sell them.

jad2t
12-29-2015, 11:40 AM
Nice, did you get that one at the famous winter hangout or elsewhere on the lake? The steam plant hasn't been much this year... probably because of this odd warm weather that keeps hanging around. It might be late January before that place gets good.

jaybird
12-30-2015, 08:10 AM
The famous winter hang out. JK Travecca and I were both there the following day and could not get a bite

aero320
12-30-2015, 11:22 AM

I think it is legal to sell shad in Tennessee (at least it used to be). It may require a special license. Betty and Johnny Riddle used to sell shad at Tims when they ran the restaurant at the State Park. I think Johnny supplied shad to the docks and stores at the time.

agelesssone
12-30-2015, 12:05 PM
I think it is legal to sell shad in Tennessee (at least it used to be). It may require a special license. Betty and Johnny Riddle used to sell shad at Tims when they ran the restaurant at the State Park. I think Johnny supplied shad to the docks and stores at the time.

It is legal to sell shad if you have a $50.00 retail bait dealer's license. Which I don't.
So I couldn't legally sell Heiny shad, I can give away as much as I want.