PDA

View Full Version : 11/13 OH Striper

JKTrevecca
11-16-2015, 11:32 PM
I ventured out Friday for the first time in what feels like forever. Conditions were strange. There was zero generation/current and the wind was blowing me up-stream in the locations I wanted to target. My first pull went well but the wind picked up and I found myself pointing my boat up-stream just to fish with the wind vs. against it. I've grown used to fishing with the current from up-stream to down-stream and it never felt "normal".

Landed only 1 fish and it was on my first pull but my buddy's dad got to reel it in and it was his first striper ever which is always fun to share with someone. No other action once the wind picked up. I was on the water about 4 hours. Bait was easy to come by. Had a tank full of sexy shad which were released for another day.

I've never seen it white cap on the section of OH I was fishing until Friday. The wind was nuts. I changed locations so that I would be drifting with the wind but also down-stream but the fish weren't there so we headed home.

Going back on 12/5 with family. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will be generating a little bit. That makes a huge difference in my experience.

Take it easy and have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Oh Yeah... I'm selling my bait tank if anyone is interested. I'll post details in the fishing gear section. Shoot me a PM.

-- Jason

TNBronzeback
11-17-2015, 12:30 AM
One fish is better than a sharp stick in the eye! lol.
No current and "up stream" wind is bad enough, but good current AND and up stream wind is down right miserable!
many many times ive launched at flippers to jig the steamplant stretch....at the ramp the wind looked perfect, get to the steamplant and them tall bluffs swirl that wind and turn it up river and its next to impossible to get a boat to track good on a good line to keep vertical.
Like an idiot though i throw caution to the wind, check my blood pressure and drop the jigs down anyways! lol.
Good to see bait is easy to come by though!
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!
great fish by the way!

Heiny57
11-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Nice fish. I just bought a tank though.

Adrian
11-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Nice! Keep the Striper Reports Coming!

StriperFan
11-19-2015, 08:17 AM
I hate extreme windy conditions on OH. Like TNBronzeback noted below, the wind seems to change directions from one place to another. I've been out there and swear that by the way the wind was blowing at one place I could move and fish somewhere else. Then get there and it seems the wind is blowing just the opposite. Anyway, it looks like you got the job done, congrats on your success.

eksfish
11-19-2015, 08:42 AM
Amen and don't get me started on wind conditions in weather forecast. 10 mph forcast always seems to be 20 mph with white caps.

fishfindergeneral
11-29-2015, 11:24 AM
First one is always great. What sort of tank is it?