PDA

View Full Version : Water Temps

jprism
10-05-2015, 06:52 AM
Anyone recently fished Old Hickory know what the water temps are now?

kbrinson
10-05-2015, 07:49 AM
was out yesterday afternoon and the water temps upper river from steam plant was 68 down river around the barges it was 76.

jprism
10-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Thanks...I figured with all the rain, overcast and night temps that the river would have dropped but I don't think that 76 in the lake is low enough to get the bait and fish moving back into the creeks yet. It's coming

tennarl
10-05-2015, 09:58 AM
I was on Priest Sunday -- Fate Sanders area. Based on past history and the number of bites I got, we still a few weeks from things getting hot. Water clarity was decent and there were a bunch of shad on the flats but it was mostly bluegill and tiny bass going after 'em. I must of thrown a spook for two straight hours and didn't get but a couple of head butts which is usually a sign the bigger fish are still 10+ feet. I usually fish more toward dam once the heart of fall hits that way I can catch multiple species.

JDH8504
10-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Thanks...I figured with all the rain, overcast and night temps that the river would have dropped but I don't think that 76 in the lake is low enough to get the bait and fish moving back into the creeks yet. It's coming

This is enlightening to me. I wasn't even thinking all that in-depth about water temps. I have been beating the banks back in the creeks for 3 weeks!:eek: