PDA

View Full Version : Lost dog on Percy Priest

FloatNFish
09-23-2015, 08:31 PM
Found a black dog on Hole-in-the-Wall Island yesterday on Percy Priest. She's about 50 lbs and about a year old. She hadn't been out there long. If anyone knows someone whose dog ran off while they were camping give me a shout.

SAMBOLIE
09-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Found a black dog on Hole-in-the-Wall Island yesterday on Percy Priest. She's about 50 lbs and about a year old. She hadn't been out there long. If anyone knows someone whose dog ran off while they were camping give me a shout.

Some vets will check her for a chip for free.

notorious
09-23-2015, 08:59 PM
Some vets will check her for a chip for free.
Check, go to PetSmart and have her scanned if she has a chip they will take it and notify the owner.

FloatNFish
09-23-2015, 11:55 PM
A buddy of mine took her home and is going to get her checked for a chip. Just trying to spread the word.

jad2t
09-24-2015, 07:42 AM
Oh man, what a pretty dog too. I hope it gets reunited with his/her owner!

Pookie
09-26-2015, 06:13 AM
A buddy of mine took her home

You have stolen someone's dog. Had you left well enough alone, she could have gone home. Now, unless by a fluke, she has no chance of getting back home.

eksfish
09-26-2015, 08:27 AM
Stolen is a little harsh.

XxthejuicexX
09-26-2015, 08:49 AM
Stolen is a little harsh.

Yep. Alex, if you are into stealing people pets I have a couple cats I can leave in the yard for you to pick up :)

notorious
09-26-2015, 08:54 AM
You have stolen someone's dog. Had you left well enough alone, she could have gone home. Now, unless by a fluke, she has no chance of getting back home.

The dog was abandoned on an island, quite unlikely it swam from shore to shore. The island has numerous camping sites, therefor you should direct you comments to the irresponsible owners rather than this young man whom is attempting to do the right thing and return the dog to its rightful owner. In addition, a responsible owner will have not left their dog, and microchip'ed the puppy making it nothing more than a drop at the vet to return the dog.
If you have nothing but criticism...and in addition, "ill placed", it may better for you to simply keep quite and mind your own business.

agelesssone
09-26-2015, 09:01 AM
The dog was abandoned on an island, quite unlikely it swam from shore to shore. The island has numerous camping sites, therefor you should direct you comments to the irresponsible owners rather than this young man whom is attempting to do the right thing and return the dog to its rightful owner. In addition, a responsible owner will have not left their dog, and microchip'ed the puppy making it nothing more than a drop at the vet to return the dog.
If you have nothing but criticism...and, in addition "ill placed", it may better for you to simply keep quite and mind your own business.

You have to understand Pookie....he is a negative thinking crotchety old curmudgeon.
LOL, and this post will undoubtedly result in a firestorm of vitriol directed at me, but that's fine, I usually ignore stuff like that.

XxthejuicexX
09-26-2015, 09:26 AM
You have to understand Pookie....he is a negative thinking crotchety old curmudgeon.
LOL, and this post will undoubtedly result in a firestorm of vitriol directed at me, but that's fine, I usually ignore stuff like that.

Wait, I'm a realist, crotchety young Curmudgeon. I still think stolen is a bit harsh. If he would have left him on the island and posted where to find him would the response have been that he left the dog to die?

Anyways, Alpha have you had any luck chasing the hybrids on Priest. I've swung and missed the last two times out.

FloatNFish
09-26-2015, 01:18 PM
Haha...no offense taken...Pookie is just poking fun. I know that we did the right thing as there wasnt anyone else on the island and I wasnt going to leave that pup there to die. She didnt seem like the running off type and acted a bit like she'd been abused so I'm thinking all signs point to abandoned.

She went to the vet this week and didnt have a micro-chip but did have heart worms and may be pregnant...
She's found a great home with my friends if the owner never shows up.

FloatNFish
09-26-2015, 01:21 PM
Yep. Alex, if you are into stealing people pets I have a couple cats I can leave in the yard for you to pick up :)

Haha...I'm not into stealing cats...they fight back.

Tell your uncle Bobby I said Hey when you see him.

XxthejuicexX
09-26-2015, 05:06 PM
Haha...I'm not into stealing cats...they fight back.

Tell your uncle Bobby I said Hey when you see him.

Will do, I'm at a wedding right now that he should be at. I can leave the cats in a travel cage If you would like, less fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pookie
09-26-2015, 06:33 PM
Haha...no offense taken...Pookie is just poking fun.

No, not poking fun. It wasn't his dog, and he took it. How about pilfered? Anybody like that word better? Not much excuse for allowing their animal to get heartworms, but it wasn't his animal.

Pookie
09-26-2015, 06:34 PM

...said the old bastard.

FloatNFish
09-26-2015, 06:58 PM
No, not poking fun. It wasn't his dog, and he took it. How about pilfered? Anybody like that word better? Not much excuse for allowing their animal to get heartworms, but it wasn't his animal.

Fair enough...given the chance to do it again I would do the exact same thing. Ill even go so far as to say that if I didn't travel for a living I would have taken it in myself. Not going to stop trying to find the owner either.

XxthejuicexX
09-26-2015, 08:22 PM

Wait, was it your dog? Looks kinda like the one in the picture. My offer stands for you too, free cats to a good home.

Pookie
09-28-2015, 01:15 PM
If you have nothing but criticism...and in addition, "ill placed", it may better for you to simply keep quite and mind your own business.

Hush newbie

notorious
09-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Hush newbie

Cantankerous are you? I shall simply conclude that your mind has failed you and enjoy your rambling thoughts of reality.

tkwalker
09-28-2015, 08:22 PM
I think this thread has outlived it's usefulness ... Please post any new findings with the pup under a new post ... Thanks ... <'TK>< :)