PDA

View Full Version : Poachers Busted

jad2t
07-20-2015, 04:53 PM
http://www.scout.com/outdoors/wired2fish/story/1565180-tennessee-anglers-arrested-on-nickajack

Two guys busted on Nickajack throwing cast nets and keeping bass. They had 72 fish in a cooler. 71 of them being undersized bass, the last fish being an undersized Crappie.

I've called TWRA twice because I saw a similar situation. They never showed up but I'm glad they got out there and busted these two.

JeffsLowe
07-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Good job TWRA. But $900 bond is nothing, especially since their chances of appearing are likely about zero. What should really happen is that they get deported back to whatever 3rd world craphole they came from since they obviously have no respect for our laws here.

Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) Wildlife Officers arrested two people for illegal take of undersized and over-limit Largemouth Bass at Nickajack Lake, near Running Water Creek.

Coronado Lopez Vail and Manuel Baltazar Apolonio, both from Hamilton County, were charged with violation of size limit and violation of creel limit. Both paid a cash bond of $900.00 in Marion County.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-stories/stories/wildlife-officers-stop-illegal-fishing-18842.shtml?wap=0

SAMBOLIE
07-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Jeff, where is your AMERICAN spirit. We gotta cater to the others and make them feel at home. Do you think they came here just to adapt to our rules? Next time you are in DC stop in and we can discuss the future of what you will be giving up.

Sincerely,
Barack and Michelle

jad2t
07-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Theyre just here to do the jobs Americans wont do. Right?

Travis C.
07-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Its good that law breakers are caught not only for breaking the law but as an example that it is against the law. There will never be a punishment worthy of the crime to us in the fishing community who value the sport until they go back to the mid-evil eye for an eye then maybe that will satisfy some of us.

Also, don't get too carried away on the nationality card violators. I am willing to bet there are more red blooded gun totin' song of the south boys caught during hunting season than illegals during fishing.

Both should be caught and both should be punished.

Heiny57
07-20-2015, 08:07 PM
String em up............:D

JeffsLowe
07-20-2015, 08:29 PM
Also, don't get too carried away on the nationality card violators. I am willing to bet there are more red blooded gun totin' song of the south boys caught during hunting season than illegals during fishing.

Anyone who spends anytime out on the water knows the score when it comes to the mud hut crowd abusing the fisheries. But its the same with any other public resource - they are here only to take - be it fish, jobs,"free" food, "free" health care, "free" education. And they get away with it because too many folks are afraid of the PC mafia to speak up about it.

Not me - you here illegally? - GTFO….

Travis C.
07-20-2015, 08:52 PM
Anyone who spends anytime out on the water knows the score when it comes to the mud hut crowd abusing the fisheries. But its the same with any other public resource - they are here only to take - be it fish, jobs, "free" health care, "free" education. And they get away with it because too many folks are afraid of the PC mafia to speak up about it.

Not me - you here illegally? - GTFO….

I am not saying I don't agree with some points you have made. Mine initially only pertain to the particular situation in this thread and intended on keeping it within the rails of a conversation. Every time this comes up it spins into broad views over the whole scope of "illegals" and heated comments ensue till locked veering way off the actual subject.

It always happens.

tkwalker
07-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Yep, Travis is right on... Good Post and the threads has merit ... But Please stay on the subject of the poster .... Thanks <'TK>< :)

lupanfreitag
07-21-2015, 05:50 AM
I have to say I have seen all nationalities in this area keeping too many fish.

I once saw a guy at Portland lake with around 25 bass on a stringer dragging behind his boat. The next year he complained about the fishing.
I told him, "What do you expect?!"

It is a damn shame regardless of who is doing it. Be vigilant and report it.

Our resources are not limitless. With thousands of folks out there if we all kept a limit it would be a sorry fishery.

I am a proponent of confiscation all of the violator's gear. Second offense, their boat and vehicle also. Take away a few trucks and boats.... there will be less poaching.

Headhunter
07-21-2015, 07:36 AM
I know of many of the asian, mexican, etc. in Middle Tennessee need educating. Many I know have called the wall just below Cheatam dam the great wall of China and Priest is becoming that way and not only do many of them break game laws (several of the mexican population recently got tickets for fishing without a license on Priest and also a couple were busted using a net near Hong Kong after midnight) but they are also dangerous now that many have boats. I don't care who you are, you break game laws and I will talk to you or make a call, I know many from any and all backgrounds break laws, but it sure is more of the backgrounds mentioned that I visually observe doing unsafe, illegal things and most of the time I hear we no speak english. I have seen, IMO, overloaded boats and not a life jacket in sight (they said they had them, but sure didn't see any). Also they love to run wide open in the no wake zones where the kayakers now hang out a lot. Actually had one argue with me recently that I was wrong and he could run where ever he wanted, at least he spoke English. They overcrowd the boat ramp, don't speak English and are very dangerous in how they handle their boats, I guess I need to video. It is getting to the point I may look for somewhere else to fish just becuase I do not want my boat damaged or personal injury to myself or whoever is with me, it is truly that bad.

jad2t
07-21-2015, 07:52 AM
I was just making a joke with my comment but nobody needs to play PC police here and pretend like there aren't some demographics that are guilty of poaching and breaking fish/game laws with a significantly greater frequency than others.

That being said, the point of this thread wasn't to point out that two Mexicans specifically were busted. It was to point out that two scumbags, regardless of their last names, were busted and I'm glad to see it.

Sad part is that you can bet by the time I posted this article they already had another net full of undersized fish and were on the way home with them.

Headhunter
07-21-2015, 12:10 PM
There are people of all backgrounds that break game laws, fishing and hunting. I believe a large part of why the asian, mexican, laotain, etc. are disobeying game laws is those new to this country do not understand why there are game laws and conservation.

Then when they are told they do not see the need for those laws and just plain don't care. I have seen both mexican and laotian stand on the Nice Mill Dam and throw cast nets after the hatchery trout were released. I know the wardens have causht them doing that there. It has been happening for a long time. Les Brown caught a couple laotians cast netting way up Fall Creek on Priest over 20 years ago, they had bass, stripe, bluegill, hybrids among other fish.

Also, when caught the penalties are not harsh enough for the most part to make them change their ways (this is true of all game lawbreakers no matter their ethinicity) but moreso for them because the ones I have talked to who are from other countries tell me there are no game laws where they are from. Educating them is important and I try to as nicely as I can every time there is a need to. It is for sure sad to see them keep everything they catch, no matter what kind, size, etc. and then when you approach them, especially the same guy several times and they just say "no english, I didn't know, etc. and there is going to be no changing them.

Our local fisheries are going to be destroyed if something doesn't change and soon. I am not politially correct and don't intend to be, I don't care if what color you are, where you are from, how rich you are, etc. if I see you breaking game laws I will either say something, call the law or both and wish more would do the same. I more than agree with being polite and trying to work with people when possible, but when you see as much as I have, it is difficult to maintain.

JeffsLowe
07-21-2015, 04:07 PM
I saw a bunch of undersized hybrids filleted and tossed into the water at JPP today. Not on shore where the buzzards are waiting, but right by the ramp.

Folks that do that crap don't deserve polite….

Pookie
07-21-2015, 09:09 PM
That's what ya get for going to JPP. I'd rather sit home in the air conditioning than fool with that place.

Heiny57
07-22-2015, 06:52 AM
There are people of all backgrounds that break game laws, fishing and hunting. I believe a large part of why the asian, mexican, laotain, etc. are disobeying game laws is those new to this country do not understand why there are game laws and conservation.

Then when they are told they do not see the need for those laws and just plain don't care. I have seen both mexican and laotian stand on the Nice Mill Dam and throw cast nets after the hatchery trout were released. I know the wardens have causht them doing that there. It has been happening for a long time. Les Brown caught a couple laotians cast netting way up Fall Creek on Priest over 20 years ago, they had bass, stripe, bluegill, hybrids among other fish.

Also, when caught the penalties are not harsh enough for the most part to make them change their ways (this is true of all game lawbreakers no matter their ethinicity) but moreso for them because the ones I have talked to who are from other countries tell me there are no game laws where they are from. Educating them is important and I try to as nicely as I can every time there is a need to. It is for sure sad to see them keep everything they catch, no matter what kind, size, etc. and then when you approach them, especially the same guy several times and they just say "no english, I didn't know, etc. and there is going to be no changing them.

Our local fisheries are going to be destroyed if something doesn't change and soon. I am not politially correct and don't intend to be, I don't care if what color you are, where you are from, how rich you are, etc. if I see you breaking game laws I will either say something, call the law or both and wish more would do the same. I more than agree with being polite and trying to work with people when possible, but when you see as much as I have, it is difficult to maintain.

Keep up the good work. ;);););)