PDA

View Full Version : Night fish the pond at the Caney?

Itgotaway
07-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Thinking about fishing the pond either tonight or tomorrow night. This would be our first time. We usually fly fish during the day but am looking for some suggestions on what to use at night. If we bring our fly rods would we just want to fish streamers? Should we leave the fly rods at home and bring spinning gear? If so, what would your throw? I have some trout and crappie magnets, rooster tails, and several crank baits. I would like to target some Brown and Rainbow's but will reel in anything that I can trick into biting. Some general suggestions is all I need to get going in the right direction!

Thanks for the help

Jason

GISJason420
07-17-2015, 09:23 PM
Which pond are you refering to? The one below the dam or the one closer to the railroad bridge? I'm considering a trip there one night as well :-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

tkwalker
07-18-2015, 12:54 AM
Which pond are you refering to? The one below the dam or the one closer to the railroad bridge? I'm considering a trip there one night as well :-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

THERE IS ONLY ONE POND . Right below the CH Dam .... <'TK><:)

XxthejuicexX
07-18-2015, 06:40 AM
Jimmy and I were going to fish the Caney tonight but they are running 2 or more generators all night. Working on a back up plan at the moment.

GISJason420
07-19-2015, 08:18 AM
THERE IS ONLY ONE POND . Right below the CH Dam .... <'TK><:)

Interesting so that one's accessible all night long? Being it's right past the offices / houses of the staff and I'd assume they don't allow night access at that part and close access after sunset but I guess,it's open all night long I can just drop by and toss the kayak in and get crackin' right away? Or do I need to use the access ramp that's on the other side next to the campground? May do that this evening as long the gens aren't too much.

MNfisher
07-19-2015, 09:23 AM
It's open all night

Mike