PDA

View Full Version : JPP Crappie (minnow question)

brian graves
07-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Where do all of you crappie guys get your minnows? I've been getting them at the BP over near Walter Hill, but a few times they have ran out and they are fairly expensive. $1.79 a dozen.

I'd like to find somewhere to get them by the pound. I also have a small spring fed pond on my farm that I am considering converting into a minnow pond, but it does have several blue gill in it and I wonder if they will just eat them faster than they can spawn.

Where can I get a deal on minnows by the pound?

tkwalker
07-17-2015, 10:26 AM
Where do all of you crappie guys get your minnows? I've been getting them at the BP over near Walter Hill, but a few times they have ran out and they are fairly expensive. $1.79 a dozen.

I'd like to find somewhere to get them by the pound. I also have a small spring fed pond on my farm that I am considering converting into a minnow pond, but it does have several blue gill in it and I wonder if they will just eat them faster than they can spawn.

Where can I get a deal on minnows by the pound?

Poindexter bait and tackle ... They are also distributors ... They are located in Gallatin on Highway 109 about a mile on the left after crossing over the bridge.... <'TK><:)

jad2t
07-17-2015, 11:14 AM
but it does have several blue gill in it and I wonder if they will just eat them faster than they can spawn.

Hey that might not be such a bad situation either, you'd probably grow some trophy bluegills which can provide quite the entertainment on a flyrod or on spinning gear with 2# test and some trout magnets.

Shoe man
07-17-2015, 11:33 AM
I used to buy them by the pound at Starkeys Bait and Tackle over on Stewarts Ferry Pike just south of I-40.

XxthejuicexX
07-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Big charlies sells them by the pound.

jaycee
07-17-2015, 07:13 PM
Jefferson market Walter hill never counts and you always get your money's worth.