PDA

View Full Version : Bummer fishing weekend! New Boat Though!

TNBronzeback
07-13-2015, 01:20 PM
So my wife and i got a new boat a few weeks ago so we have mainly been cruising and getting the break-in done on the motor so fishing has been on the back burner for a while.
figured i would get up butt crack early yesterday and try to put my first fish in the new rig. the cumberland was absolute filth near Cordell Hull. perfect flow, perfect water level, but it was chocolate milk. went up the caney a decent little ways and the water there was about the color of the cumberland when its "clear". popped a big ole fat drum on a blade bait...boy i thought i had on king walleye when i set that hook!...still good to finally hook a fish though! after that i just cruised the cumberland, way down river, then up to the dam. alot of junk floating down.
i didnt expect the water to still be that muddy.
LOVE the new boat though, and even if i didnt, my wife said ive got 15 years to find out how to love it! HA!

Halli
07-14-2015, 06:26 AM
Congratz on boat Pictures please.

Heiny57
07-14-2015, 08:23 AM
congratz on boat pictures please.

TNBronzeback
07-14-2015, 01:08 PM
Thanks! im thrilled with it!
i will get some pictures up this evening.

TNBronzeback
07-14-2015, 10:12 PM
Here it is! 17'-10" of awesome! lol. I never thought i would be a fan of a walk-thru windshield or a bimini top, but both are great! that bimini top was worth its wieght in gold on saturday to get out of the sun! to keep costs down we went with the 70h.p., but with 2 adults it still tops out about 33, which is plenty fast for me on water. Cuts waves like a champ for a good high, dry ride. The back casting platform flips up into some extra seats for summer evening booze cruises! (that was a requirement from the wife) lol
I feel bad for the saugers this year, thier numbers are gonna take a serious hit!

FloatNFish
07-15-2015, 12:10 AM
Awesome man! That is one good looking boat!

Reel Tune
07-15-2015, 06:36 AM
That's a sharp boat.

Halli
07-15-2015, 06:45 AM
Nice. I like the front lights!

agelesssone
07-15-2015, 06:54 AM
Very, very nice boat.

I felt a pang of jealousy when I saw the first picture!

XxthejuicexX
07-15-2015, 07:08 AM
Very nice boat!

ThrillSeeker
07-15-2015, 07:12 AM
Very, very nice boat.

I felt a pang of jealousy when I saw the first picture!

X2

The second pic did it for me. I love the wood grain on the dash.

Alphahawk
07-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Good looking boat.

Regards

Heiny57
07-15-2015, 11:55 AM
Really nice,,,,,,,, congrats.

TNBronzeback
07-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Thanks everybody! Ive looked at alot of deep V boats in the past few months. We always ran Lunds on the great lakes but ive read thier quality has suffered since being bought out by Brunswick a few years ago. The alumacraft has thier Double Hull construction which sold me seeing as alot of ramps here dont have docks, or enough docks during busy times.

Halli, that silver thing on the front is actually the horn....sounds more like an angry hornets nest than a horn though. Lol

Im not making a sales pitch by no means, but Anderson Marine was great to work with. No pressure, no B.S.

See me out on the lake or river pull on up and say hi!

MNfisher
07-15-2015, 03:18 PM
Sweet boat! I call shotgun on a sauger trip!

Mike

tkwalker
07-15-2015, 10:54 PM
Thanks everybody! Ive looked at alot of deep V boats in the past few months. We always ran Lunds on the great lakes but ive read thier quality has suffered since being bought out by Brunswick a few years ago. The alumacraft has thier Double Hull construction which sold me seeing as alot of ramps here dont have docks, or enough docks during busy times.

Halli, that silver thing on the front is actually the horn....sounds more like an angry hornets nest than a horn though. Lol

Im not making a sales pitch by no means, but Anderson Marine was great to work with. No pressure, no B.S.

See me out on the lake or river pull on up and say hi!

John, I love your boat especially the color and the graphics ! But I just wanted to reiterate the quality of the Aluma Craft ... Quality !! Mine is a 1994 (21 Years old, 2001Yama) But the boat is as solid as the day it rolled out of the factory ... Like you said double walled etc. My boat weighed in @ 1000 pounds dry ... Not motor, battery, or any accessories ... It was built to take the pounding of the great lakes ... Here is some pic's from an old post in 2013.. http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=7376 .. I love your Boat ... <'TK>< :)

TNBronzeback
07-16-2015, 07:40 AM
John, I love your boat especially the color and the graphics ! But I just wanted to reiterate the quality of the Aluma Craft ... Quality !! Mine is a 1994 (21 Years old, 2001Yama) But the boat is as solid as the day it rolled out of the factory ... Like you said double walled etc. My boat weighed in @ 1000 pounds dry ... Not motor, battery, or any accessories ... It was built to take the pounding of the great lakes ... Here is some pic's from an old post in 2013.. http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=7376 .. I love your Boat ... <'TK>< :)

Thanks TK, we actually looked at the Competitor a few times at different shows. Its almost the identical boat as you have with just a few very minor changes. They dont give em away by no means, but unless i Titanic that thing, it should be floating for a long long time and thats the peace of mind we wanted.

TNBronzeback
07-16-2015, 07:45 AM
Sweet boat! I call shotgun on a sauger trip!

Mike

There will be plenty of those this winter!

JeffsLowe
07-16-2015, 07:45 AM
Very nice boat. Layout is very similar to mine and it works out perfect for me.

You don't see a lot of aluminum fish & skis around here but they are all over up north. Have had both glass and aluminum, but I far prefer the aluminum. I have a Polar Kraft sitting in my back yard that I grew up fishing in - starting back in the 1960s. My dad bought it used from a rental place, and it was old when he got it . Which means it has sat outside for the past SIXTY years and is still serviceable.

I like the tin boats. ;)

Again - Congrats!

TNBronzeback
07-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Very nice boat. Layout is very similar to mine and it works out perfect for me.

You don't see a lot of aluminum fish & skis around here but they are all over up north. Have had both glass and aluminum, but I far prefer the aluminum. I have a Polar Kraft sitting in my back yard that I grew up fishing in - starting back in the 1960s. My dad bought it used from a rental place, and it was old when he got it . Which means it has sat outside for the past SIXTY years and is still serviceable.

I like the tin boats. ;)

Again - Congrats!

Yeah i seen your post with your boat very recently! i looked at the Lowes as well, almost identical to yours. I love all the storage in it.

brewer88
07-16-2015, 10:10 AM
Awesome boat, went out on Superior last year on one very similar, loved it! so much room for activities haha...

Pookie
07-21-2015, 09:16 PM
The Cumberland gets trashed in nearly every thread here, but it is a clean body of water. From the OH dam to Cheatham, it is cleaner than OH Lake. The logs you see are usually from OHL. They go through the dam just like the numerous boats do.

ps Nice boat

Travis C.
07-21-2015, 09:30 PM
I have a Polar Kraft sitting in my back yard that I grew up fishing in - starting back in the 1960s. My dad bought it used from a rental place, and it was old when he got it . Which means it has sat outside for the past SIXTY years and is still serviceable.

Almost same here with my small river boat. Its an old polar kraft that was flipped over next to a pond that my dad's buddy used growing up. He gave it to us and I have since put oars on it with a 4hp from TK. Makes a mean Caney boat.

That's a purdy boat there bronzeback. I am partial to aluminum boats and you gotta nice one.

TNBronzeback
07-21-2015, 10:51 PM
The Cumberland gets trashed in nearly every thread here, but it is a clean body of water. From the OH dam to Cheatham, it is cleaner than OH Lake. The logs you see are usually from OHL. They go through the dam just like the numerous boats do.

ps Nice boat
I love the cumberland! im by no means an expert on that river, but i can usually pull quality fish of different species most times of the year. I will take moving water over a lake any day!