PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow night walleye fishing?

brax0789
07-07-2015, 04:22 PM
I've looked back over many posts trying to find some direction of a general area (near the dam, mid lake, etc) and method to fish for walleye at night under the lights at Dale Hollow. Most of my walleye experience has been bottom bouncing trolling rigs with minnows or jig fishing so I'm not sure of technique in night fishing under the lights for walleye (my experience there is with crappie). I've read that one can put lights out and then fish for walleye with jigging spoons around the bait ball. Is that correct? Any advice or direction is greatly appreciated! Thanks again for any and all help. This is a great forum!

tkwalker
07-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Braxo, this is from our Google service for fishing TN found in the upper right hand corner of any page ... http://www.google.com/custom?domains=www.fishingtn.com&q=Dale+Hollow+night+walleye+fishing&sa=Search&sitesearch=www.fishingtn.com&client=pub-8174527922330962&forid=1&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&safe=active&cof=GALT%3A%23008000%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23336699%3B VLC%3A663399%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BLBGC%3 A063E3F%3BALC%3A0000FF%3BLC%3A0000FF%3BT%3A000000% 3BGFNT%3A0000FF%3BGIMP%3A0000FF%3BLH%3A50%3BLW%3A1 90%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.fishingtn.com%2Flogo.jpg %3BS%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.fishingtn.com%3BFORID%3A1&hl=en This may help ... <'TK><;)

Reel Tune
07-08-2015, 06:19 AM
Using lights and live bait is very effective on Dale Hollow. We have a guide named Dave Clark on the board goes by screen name fishfindergeneral. He is an expert on Dale Hollow and one of his many targeted species are Walleye. Maybe he will chime in, or you could send him a PM.

jad2t
07-08-2015, 10:24 AM
If you don't want to go all the way out to Dale Hollow, Walleye can also be caught in the Caney Fork River at night. I use rattlin rogue jerkbaits and have been catching a lot of them lately. Lots of short ones that are a bit of a nuisance but also a handful of keepers around. I got a 16" and 21" one night. Good eating!

That being said, the Walleye are much larger on Dale Hollow and there are more of them. I just figured I'd throw out this option if you want to drive a shorter distance and still have a shot at putting one on the table.

Travis C.
07-08-2015, 11:09 AM
If want to catch a bunch of walleye and/or trophies just give Dave (fishfindergeneral) a shout. He can for sure put you on them.

You can search his posts on here pretty easily. The Caney may have some walleye in it but no where near the numbers of Dale or quality. There are countless pics of Dave holding up Dale's gems but few and far between do you ever see a Caney walleye pic.

http://www.trolldhl.com/

StriperFan
07-08-2015, 06:39 PM
I've targeted walleye both on Center Hill and Tims Ford reservoirs using the lights at night with success. I like long points with some sort of flat on one side. The ideal point would have a flat on one side and a deep water drop on the other, or at least close by. I like to be right on the edge of the flat as it falls into deeper water. I use double anchors to keep the boat in place, with the boat anchored in 20-30' of water. With access to shallower water within casting distance. I use double treble hooks with a 1/8-1/4 ounce slip sinker allowed to fall down to the bottom hook. Tie the second hook about a foot above the bottom hook. I prefer shiny hooks in a #1 size. Snag the bait and let it fall back to the bottom, or cast out and fish like a jig, keeping it slightly off bottom. The shiny hook will often get hit without any bait on it in this situation. With all of that being said, Dale Hollow has been a hard lake for me to crack and I haven't spent much time there. The pictures are bad quality pictures of old pictures...

Reel Tune
07-09-2015, 06:31 AM
That was some great information StriperFan, there was so much that could be taken from that post and applied anywhere and for multiple species.

brax0789
07-13-2015, 09:45 AM
Gentlemen,

I really appreciate the advice! I will probably arrange a trip with Dave and learn what I can from him. Thanks again!

Philip