PDA

View Full Version : So much for vacation on the caney

jon1977
07-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Headed to EESP for the next week, planned on doing a lot of wading for trout on the caney. Looks like I'm going to be out of luck. I just checked tba and great falls is spilling 30,000+ cfs:mad: I'm sure they will be generating all day at center hill soon. Jon

Travis C.
07-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Yeah, they are cranking them up as the week goes on. It needs it badly though as most of the river is muddied up right now.

browntrout
07-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Fixing to bump up to 2 full time.
http://www-wm.lrn.usace.army.mil/hh/products/memrvrbna.txt

Roy

jon1977
07-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Anyone know anywhere I could fish from the bank with decent success with one generator? Looks like wading is off the table for vacation.

brewer88
07-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Fixing to bump up to 2 full time.
http://www-wm.lrn.usace.army.mil/hh/products/memrvrbna.txt

Roy

where can you get 5 day schedules for dam discharges? (i tried some of the root website on that link and all the rivers gave me a 404 error) and does it explain how to decode this haha...thx in advance

browntrout
07-04-2015, 01:30 PM
where can you get 5 day schedules for dam discharges? (i tried some of the root website on that link and all the rivers gave me a 404 error) and does it explain how to decode this haha...thx in advance

That link is the 5 day discharge. Did it not work for you?

Roy

white95v6
07-04-2015, 03:46 PM
That link is the 5 day discharge. Did it not work for you?

Roy
it goes somewhere but its hard to make heads or tails of whats on the page.

brewer88
07-06-2015, 02:14 PM
After some digging i found this website that is pretty user friendly for showing projected discharges

http://www.weather.gov/ohrfc/

i will say that in the short time ive used it, it does seem to change alot (at least cheatham dam went from forcasting 15000 to 35000 today)

agelesssone
07-07-2015, 07:06 AM
After some digging i found this website that is pretty user friendly for showing projected discharges

http://www.weather.gov/ohrfc/

i will say that in the short time ive used it, it does seem to change alot (at least cheatham dam went from forcasting 15000 to 35000 today)

Most of the dams in middle TN are dumping as hard as they can.

Priest is so high that I had to walk in knee high water to get to the dock at Long Hunter state park.

'Course if SAMBOLIE tried to walk to the dock, he'd be waist deep.

XxthejuicexX
07-07-2015, 08:04 AM

Priest is so high that I had to walk in knee high water to get to the dock at Long Hunter state park.

He Might also break a hip......

Travis C.
07-07-2015, 08:11 AM
How did you do Jon?

SAMBOLIE
07-07-2015, 09:11 AM

He Might also break a hip......

I fished JPP last night. I just took a big 10 ft. leap and jumped in the boat.

jon1977
07-10-2015, 11:18 AM
How did you do Jon?

We did great, caught a few nice trout after they shut the water off. Unfortunately, when we got back to the truck someone had broken into my truck and stole both of my backpacks and over a grand worth of camera equipment. Watch your vehicles and valuables folks. Jon

Travis C.
07-10-2015, 11:40 AM
We did great, caught a few nice trout after they shut the water off. Unfortunately, when we got back to the truck someone had broken into my truck and stole both of my backpacks and over a grand worth of camera equipment. Watch your vehicles and valuables folks. Jon

Dang man that sucks about the gear. Where were u parked?

jad2t
07-10-2015, 01:15 PM

That's just awful, I'm sorry to hear that. I absolutely can't stand a thief. I had some rods and reels stolen from me this Spring. You'd think not as many scumbags hang around the Caney then hang around JPP or Old Hickory but evidently they show up.

Travis C.
07-10-2015, 02:16 PM
You'd think not as many scumbags hang around the Caney then hang around JPP or Old Hickory but evidently they show up.

There have been some problems over the years in a couple places that is why I was asked where he was.

At Lancaster pull offs, there had been a bunch of break ins for a while several years ago now. They finally found the culprit and he lived up the street from the pull offs. There was all kinds of gear from boat electronics to rods to everything else he lifted off of people both above n below the Dam.

Happy is another place that is more frequent. You'll go a while and not hear anything then there will be series of break ins at random. Never leaving items of value visible there in your car if you can help it.

jon1977
07-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Dang man that sucks about the gear. Where were u parked?

I was parked below the dam on the buffalo valley side.

Travis C.
07-10-2015, 03:17 PM
I was parked below the dam on the buffalo valley side.

Thanks for letting us know where. We will have to keep an eye out. I know several on here fish that area.

jon1977
07-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Thanks for letting us know where. We will have to keep an eye out. I know several on here fish that area.

Yeah I wanted to give everyone a heads up, they may be back. I am hopeful they will be caught.

browntrout
07-10-2015, 08:36 PM
That's just awful, I'm sorry to hear that. I absolutely can't stand a thief. I had some rods and reels stolen from me this Spring. You'd think not as many scumbags hang around the Caney then hang around JPP or Old Hickory but evidently they show up.

LOL, was fishing with a police friend up at the Caney 20+ years ago and he had to pull his gun out to get us out of a jam. There are a few shady places up there especially when you are fishing by yourself. Got my carry permit for that very reason.

Roy

Travis C.
07-10-2015, 09:29 PM
LOL, was fishing with a police friend up at the Caney 20+ years ago and he had to pull his gun out to get us out of a jam. There are a few shady places up there especially when you are fishing by yourself. Got my carry permit for that very reason.

Roy

Me with Chris (txnative) pulled up at Betty's one night really late to float and there was a pickup truck parked at the end of the ramp before it drops down to the gravel. He was facing the water just sitting in his truck and as he started to talk to us obviously drunk I really didn't know how that was gonna go at all.

Probably the only time ever on the river there fishing with company or solo I ever felt like something bad could go down.

jad2t
07-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Yeah I wanted to give everyone a heads up, they may be back. I am hopeful they will be caught.

I'm hopeful that they get caught by the owner of the vehicle they're trying to break into and get knocked around pretty good. It's only a matter of time before it happens to them.

jad2t
07-13-2015, 12:06 PM

Roy

But youre not allowed to carry on COE property :D.

Isnt that ridiculous? Seems like there is a nationwide proportional relationship with crime rate vs ability to carry. Crazy, huh?

XxthejuicexX
07-13-2015, 12:28 PM
But youre not allowed to carry on COE property :D.

Isnt that ridiculous? Seems like there is a nationwide proportional relationship with crime rate vs ability to carry. Crazy, huh?

I just ordered a 32 round mag for my M&P 9. BONUS ROUNDS!