PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Colorado

tcintn
06-29-2015, 08:20 PM
Been out here for almost four weeks and just started fishing Saturday. There is so much water from the late snows and a lot of rain. On our way West, the scenery was very different from years pass. All the way across Oklahoma ,Texas,New Mexico and now Colorado,everything is so green and beautiful.
When we got to the river between Spinney and Eleven Mile,the water was very high and no way to fish.
Saturday I decided to fish a small lake which was created by a beaver dam. The lake still had moving water.It took awhile to figure things out but in seven hours of fishing the lake I have gotten 52 trout in. Of that 52, 16 of them measured over 20" with the longest being right at 24". All were caught using 2 Lb SOS line and all colors of T M's. However,today I went with chartreuse jig and white body which I shorten by two sections and I super glued it on.
I have been handing out samples and showing folks how to use.
On Wednesday I am being invited to a private lake which is full of trout and very few have fished it.It is near Fairplay,Co at over 10,000 elevation.My understanding is that this lake is also one formed by beavers and the water moves through it.
I am hoping to fish the Taylor River and then move on down to the San Juan in NW New Mexico.
Life is good and Our God has blessed us richly with this trip of a few months.:)

Travis C.
06-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Enjoy and safe travels Ed.

Sounds like great time.

MNfisher
06-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Sounds awesome Ed!

Mike

Reel Tune
06-30-2015, 06:27 AM
Sounds like a great getaway.

riverhawkluke
07-07-2015, 11:35 PM
congrats Ed! Enjoy every day out there!

jad2t
07-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Wow that sounds awesome, glad you're having such a good time out there!

Alphahawk
07-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Sounds like a great trip Ed.....safe travels.

Regards