PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Lake fishing report 6/15-6/17/2015

tacklemake
06-18-2015, 04:16 PM
For the pass three days its been slow going with the heat but most of the bass have been caught in 8' to 12' of water on top water and C-rigs. I had Mr.ED out one day and Mr. Berk another day and I went out by myself. We have caught about 5 to 10 bass a day but nothing real big all about 1 to 3 pounds. We start at first light until it gets hot then its time to go in. Well its that time again so good luck and GOD BLESS..................Woody

Reel Tune
06-18-2015, 04:36 PM
Glad you're still catching them. This heat is no joke, keep hydrated, and go in as soon as you need to. Keep the great reports coming.

Alphahawk
06-19-2015, 07:47 AM
Great report Woody. Nice looking fish. Yeah this heat is brutal.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoBoy
06-19-2015, 09:48 AM
I have been interested in this topic "heat" the last few weeks.

I have still had success throwing top water / soft baits up towards the shore, and catching fish. This is in the midst of the water heating up, and hot weather. Is anyone thinking that this heat is actually pushing the fish out to deeper water already?

The reason I ask is that I don't have much experience with deep diving crank-baits, and am wondering if it may be in the cards to focus on it?

I know that there are some who troll cranks and do well, but for a canoe fisherman, would you suggest transitioning from the shore to deep water?

TNBronzeback
06-19-2015, 10:27 AM
Its usually a good rule of thumb to follow that when it gets hot to start looking deeper. But thats kind of a relative thing. If your bank fishing in 3-4' of water catching fish, there may be a good ledge dropping off into deeper water close by and you have some fish cruising the flats chasing bait up shallower. As summer digs in though you may need to steadily search deeper to follow the fish.

XxthejuicexX
06-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Yes, as the temps rise fish slide deeper and school up. You will be able to find fish shallow but not like you can out deep. Wednesdays water temps were 92. I got fish in a couple feet of water as the sun was setting. But like TN said, deep is a relative term. I fished a little lake last summer where deep was 12' I found a tree and caught crappie on every cast.

Travis C.
06-19-2015, 11:12 AM
Is anyone thinking that this heat is actually pushing the fish out to deeper water already?

It depends on the lake. Old Hickory there are fish year round shallow and year round deep with some movement between each place but that lake is lucky enough to always have some resident fish in both places.

Bombshell
06-21-2015, 09:27 PM
Woody, Been missing you on Thursday nights hope to see you this week🎣

tacklemake
06-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Woody, Been missing you on Thursday nights hope to see you this week🎣

Sorry but I think I'm done with night fishing because I like day fishing better..........woody