PDA

View Full Version : Bank Fisherman, Looking for small fishing ponds/lakes.

steve
06-17-2015, 11:13 AM
I've just recently started bass fishing (I grew up salt water fishing) and have spent the last 2 months fishing Percy Priest Lake. I've caught a few nice fish there, but it is really hit/miss. I usually hit up 2 boat launch areas each weekend, but I'm usually fighting the boat anglers for parking, and with boats launching every 15-20 minutes, I'm not sure if fish really hang around these areas with all the noise.

I'm looking to find other areas to fish where this isn't an issue. Are there any small ponds/lakes that hold bass in the area (The lake at Shelby Park?)? Maybe small creeks that are accessible around here? I'm mostly targeting bass, but anything will do.

Any suggestions? Still trying to find some good spots in the area.

Thanks,

MNfisher
06-17-2015, 11:19 AM
The lake at Shelby definitely has some nice bass, but get there at sunrise otherwise you will be fighting people for the bank. Check recreation areas on priest so you can fish other bank areas besides where boats launch.

Mike

steve
06-18-2015, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I have a 4-day weekend (keeping my fingers crossed that the rain misses us) and I'm definitely giving Shelby a try tomorrow.

Does anyone know whether the Lake/Pond at Two Rivers Golf course is fishable? I sent them an email but I haven't heard back from them. I might try that place out too.

MNfisher
06-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I have a 4-day weekend (keeping my fingers crossed that the rain misses us) and I'm definitely giving Shelby a try tomorrow.

Does anyone know whether the Lake/Pond at Two Rivers Golf course is fishable? I sent them an email but I haven't heard back from them. I might try that place out too.

It's fishable

Mike