PDA

View Full Version : Caney Tomorrow - Safe to Wade?

Doc Marshall
06-11-2015, 05:06 PM
I feel like I'm always unsure when the Caney is safe to wade (looking at the TVA website).

Tomorrow there are no generators on until noon. After that, from noon to midnight they have one generator going.

My dad is in town and wants to wade/fly fish. With one generator on, are we ok to wade by the dam? Happy Hollow?

Alphahawk
06-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Start at dam then before generators kick on pull out and head to Happy.....then before water rises there pull out and head to Betty's Island. You should get in a good 8-10 hours of fishing. Good luck.

Regards

Farley
06-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Do what Alphahawk recommended. You don't need wade under any sort of generation. I've had to rescue people with my boat more than once when people have tried to wade with a generator on.

jad2t
06-12-2015, 06:01 AM
I'd strongly advise against trying that. You might pull it off and be ok if you stay shallow but it's really not a good idea. What might be a good idea if you're limited to walking, this wont work with flyfishing, is walk the banks in certain areas like the area below the rest stop on I-40. This way you can fish the moving, high water and have a shot at larger trout while avoiding the danger of actually being in the water. Good luck!