PDA

View Full Version : Williamsport Hammering

IdahoBoy
06-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Had a great time in our new 16' Mad River Canoe. Wife and I fished from 7am-8pm, and man was the sun intense.

Shellcracker was slow w/ the bass most of the day while throwing frogs/shad color swimbaits/purple & watermelon senkos, but was golden for catfish. Caught 25, and kept some for a fish fry.

Switched to Bluecat at 4pm and slayed some bass; used green buzzbait, black/white double colorado spinnerbaits, and caught some fat gills w/ crickets/TM's.

It was our first time to the area, and loved it. Saw some snakes, turkey, deer, and quite a few folks out. It was a great weekend. :D

Alphahawk
06-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Congrats on your catch. I don't usually fish weekends......and if I do I make it a point to stay away from Williamsport......LOL. Having said that one can have a lot of fun there. The Gills are not the biggest but big enough to give one a fight. Good cats and bass in there though. That had to be a rough day out there for 12 hours.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halli
06-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Nice.
You really can't get better than Forearm sized cats for the freezer!

Reel Tune
06-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Congratulations, great eating there. For some fast action fun there are also good bass in those lakes and hybrids, that can be an absolute blast.

Crash_Override
06-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Any action on these lakes today? Was thinking of going for the first time!!