PDA

View Full Version : Priest has a ton of bass

Headhunter
05-31-2015, 07:49 PM
hammered the bass on Priest today. 8 ft schooled up tight. Most on a 8" manns worm, some on a 9", nothing on anything else. best fish was just over 5 lbs. no count on numbers, just know it was a bunch. Guy with me couldn't believe it and I threatened him with his life if he told where they were (just kidding) but fairly close to one of the oldest community holes on the lake, most pass this up though because it is not close to the deep water, middle of a flat.

Travis C.
05-31-2015, 07:57 PM
Noticed you fish Mann's worms a lot. Any particular reason over another brand, a confidence thing or are you old school like me in what you fish?

agelesssone
05-31-2015, 11:02 PM
Many. Many moons ago, when I fished for bass, my main lure was a 9" Mann's Jelly Worm (purple w/flake) and a weedless hook.
I had never heard of rigging Texas style back in those days.
And I caught more bass then than I ever do now, probably cause I never, or at least, rarely, fish for bass.
The bass I catch now are incidentals while crappie or striper fishing.

Headhunter
06-01-2015, 08:11 AM
I throw the lucky strike in 6" tequilla that walmart sells all the time. I have literally used thousands of the old renegade worms they sold in the same size and color. Bass pro had a 6" tequilla that I also use. Just happen to run across a 6" manns tequilla couple years ago and purchased 3,000 of them so they are the main worm now. I use keep and 8 or 9 or even a 12" at the ready and throw it often.

IdahoBoy
06-01-2015, 11:20 AM
I was out in a canoe by Long Hunter State Park. It was my first time out fishing on the lake... not a fish, but a fun experience. I was throwing some top water buzz, white/black/green spinner baits... nothing. I had one hit me hard on top water, but ripped it out of her lips.

My go to worm from west to east coast is a 5" or 7" Cinnamon w/ black purple flakes Yamaoto Senko ... sometimes watermelon. They have slayed over the years... Texas Rigged.

http://www.basspro.com/Gary-Yamamoto-Senko-5/product/58909/

XxthejuicexX
06-01-2015, 11:29 AM
My go to worm from west to east coast is a 5" or 7" Cinnamon w/ black purple flakes Yamaoto Senko ... sometimes watermelon. They have slayed over the years... Texas Rigged.

http://www.basspro.com/Gary-Yamamoto-Senko-5/product/58909/

If you like the Senko you need to try the Kut Tail. We fish it on a shaky head and it's dangerous.